What a great site!

Introduce yourself here
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

What a great site!

Post by S L Dave »

Congrats on making it happen!!!

I just saw a Pacific 23ST at the Fred Hall show in Long Beach. It stood out like a shining star right in the middle of the room.

I was planning on owning that boat when it came in to Tradewinds, but I had some complications over the last 7 months that pushed my alloy ownership back a year or so.

Anyway,
You guys rock.

Best,
Dave

"Go Alloy...Get Wood!"
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

It's about time....DAVE!!!!!!

I threw ya a PM on that THT, but figured ya never visit that place much, anymore. Me either.

So, ya found us. Welder and us no sooner got this forum going and I said to him,
"Where the heck is S.L. Dave??? I can't find him."

So now you found us. Good to have ya back. And no worries of being an alloy outcast here. Because THEY are the outcasts now!

We speak only one language, A-L-L-O-Y boats.

You'll see we have plenty of members you already know, and many good people from all over, from Austrailia to Alaska!
And owners of really bad azz boats.

Glad to have ya back.

-JETTYWOLF - howling at the rocks from aboard plate alloy!
8) 8) 8) 8) in sunny FLA.
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

Thanks Dave!

You are right...I never go to that other site anymore. So I never got the PM. Sorry. BUT, this is the place!! And it seems to be thriving.

The 26SCS is out and looks fantastic...the Rock Salt is getting built...Spring is right around the corner for those of you with Winter weather...lots of great stuff.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

SL DAVE, WELCOME to AAB .

Did ya get a picture of the ST at the Fred Hall show ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

Hey there Les!
Great site.

Yes, I got a couple of phone pics...I will try to post them tonight.

The 23ST is awesome. It had the white powder coat on the console and top. The compartment for storage/potti/etc is much bigger than I would have thought. It did not have many options. I think Lencos were all that was added.

Powered by a Honda 225, just a perfect boat.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Thanks Dave , so is this 23ST spoken for or is it up for grabs ?

Could ya post those Pictures down in the Boating forum somewhere so everybody can see them . :)

Did Kenny have any big RIB boats there ?
Lester,
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

Will do...

It is up for grabs. He said that he has a couple of people looking at it, but it is not sold as of yesterday.

He had a couple of small ribs there and also a couple of the lighter Bayrunner alloy boats.
Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

Welcome aboard Dave!

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

skfmj

Post by skfmj »

Hey SLD

Good to see you around. I am sure Kenny has mentioned my 23 WA5. Was over at TWI this morning discussing placement of different items, and firming up the e-package. Here are a couple more shots of the boat. Hope to sea trial it in a couple of weeks.

Before Rail

With Rail

Casting Deck

I was also at the FH show last night, and saw the 23 ST. That ST one big console. Pretty impressive. The ST that Kenny ordered does not have back to back seating, but rather lean post with a seat back that yields more deck space, and a huge area under the seat for setting a bait tank. One thing I did notice the ST does eat up more deck space than the WA5.

Richard
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Richard , can ya post your pictures down in the boating forum so all can see them.

Show us your boat , forum maybe .

Tell kenny to stop goofing off and get to work. LOL
Lester,
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

Hey Richard...
Kenny said we just missed each other, and yes, he told me all about your boat. Electronics, kicker bracket, etc...he is very proud of it!! I am jealous! The new rail looks awesome. I am sure that you can't wait to get it on the water.
Dave
longranger

Post by longranger »

Hi Dave,

I am another Socal alloy enthusiast waiting to get my first alloy.

Went to Fred Hall friday. Amoung the admittedly few alloy representatives at the show that Pacific 23' was the gem. The quality of workmanship was so clearly head and shoulders above the other builders.

The layout of the larger offerings from North River,which are closer to the boat I hope to have built or pick up used depending on the market, was nice but I was not at all impressed by the workmanship.
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

Hi LR,
The North River boats were pretty cool. But I wasn't really moved by them either...not really sure why. Layout?...construction?...I don't know...just not for me.
The Pacific was by far the coolest boat in the whole building...in my eyes anyway.
Does anyone here have a North River, and could share their experience?
Dave
skfmj

Post by skfmj »

The price on North River boats was very reasonable. The 26 ft with the 250 Yamaha was discounted at the show with a trailer at 82K. The North River are not a walk around fish design. They would make very good dive boats for So Cal. Standup head and v-berth. Inside seating for at least 4. 21 degree of dead rise. The boat just needed a transom door. Otherwise a good Northern Channel Islands dive boat. But if you want to be able to walk around your boat and fish off the bow not so good.

What I found interesting was the price on the Yamaha in the window listing was only ~16.5K. Now I know why so many boats at the shows have Yamaha motors. I guess it helps to keep the cost down.

Richard
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic