Introduce yourself here
RODBUSTER
Location: Central Florida, east coast....originally from New Hampshire

Post by RODBUSTER »

Hi, I was told about this forum from a member that joined a couple of years ago. His forum name is "gandrfab". He told me that he has learned alot about aluminum boats since he has been a member, so here I am.

I live in a coastal town in central Florida, been here about 11 years. Originally from New Hampshire. When we moved down here I purchased an offshore boat and used it as often as the "seas" would allow. Then one day, I was introduced to shallow water fishing in Mosquito Lagoon (just south of Daytona Beach)... I fell in love with it. Sold my offshore boat and purchased a 17.7 Scout. This was a great boat but not the exact boat that I wanted. The person that introduced me to shallow water fishing owned a "Tunnel Master" by T-N-T Custom Boat Works in Ft. Pierce, Florida. I was told by him that if you want to catch big fish, you have to get in skinny water. By the way, this guy has been a guide on Mosquito Lagoon for over 40 years.
This boat was amazing. I tell people that this boat will run on a damp rug. Not literally, but you get the idea. Since then, I've been in many "flats" boats but I have never found one that performed like the Tunnel Master. Many of them would run pretty shallow but when you reached your destination and backed off the throttle, the boat would settle in and the hole shot was not good enough to get you back on plane..... unlike the Tunnel Master.

The company has been out of business for a few years (I have no idea why). I had been looking to buy one of these boats for a long time when one day my wife saw one advertised in the paper and it was only about 20 miles away. At 2 PM that day, I owned that boat. The boat belonged to an older gentleman who was unable to use it so he let his sons use it. When I bought it, it needed quite a bit of work.

I decided to do it right and "completely" refurbish the boat. There is "nothing" on the boat that is not being replaced except the actual hull, the built-in aluminum fuel tank and the bow hook. It's turned out to be quite a project but I'm enjoying it and learning alot.

Gandfrfab who I mentioned earlier has been and is going to be very instrumental in fabricating and welding some ideas that I have for this boat. The man owns his own shop and located in Sanford, FL. I don't offer plugs if I don't believe that they are deserved.... believe me when I say that gandfrfab is worthy of this plug.

Basic info and specs on the boat are: length 16'9'' - beam 70'' - weight 600 lbs - all welded aluminum construction with center console. Going to be powered by a new 60 HP Mercury 4-stroke Bigfoot (still in the crate).

I'm enjoying this forum very much and look forward to reading different ideas and tips from fellow members.

RODBUSTER

:clap: :clap:
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: New Member

Post by Chaps »

Welcome! Sounds like an interesting craft. Would love to see some pics of it :thumbsup:
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

RB, WELCOME to AAB and yes we would like to see pictures of your rebuild process and for sure see more of GANDRs work.

:thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Pictures! Pictures! We beg Pictures!

Welcome to Aluminum Heaven for the People of the Dull Plate, :rotfl:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Welcome fellow Floridian.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THAT GLASS SINKS AND ALUMINUM REALLY FLOATS.

Yep, aluminum flats boats. Only Floridians think god invented F'glass.

PHOTOS PLEASE

here in NE Florida, those fish have to swim thru deep water to get to that skinny water, so that's where the Jettywolf comes in.

You're at the right site. :thumbsup:
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Welcome!! :beer: Nice first post! :thumbsup:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
waterdog247
Donator '10, '12, '13

Post by waterdog247 »

Welcome RB!

:beer:
RODBUSTER

Post by RODBUSTER »

I didn't know where to post this question.

Is there a way to click on or set up something to view all of the "new posts" on any subject"?
Probably right in front of me, but I can't see it.

Thank you,
Rodbuster
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

At the top of the main/index page [ First page you see when you log on] under SUPPORT AAB [in red] is clickable links...

View new posts View your post , just put your mouse on the text and left click.
Lester,
RODBUSTER

Post by RODBUSTER »

welder wrote:At the top of the main/index page [ First page you see when you log on] under SUPPORT AAB [in red] is clickable links...

View new posts View your post , just put your mouse on the text and left click.
At the top of the main page and kinda on the left side I see a black bar with "SupportAluminumAlloyBoats.com" in red. Immediately on top of that black bar is "User Control Panel (0 new messages) View your posts"
Immediately below that black bar is "Welcome to Aluminum Alloy Boats. com"....... and just below that, appears a box highlighted in blue with 2 topics in it..."Welcome New Members" and "Forum Rules".

I have clicked on all of these and I can't find anything that says or resembles " View New Posts".

I will be the first to admit that I am not the brightest bulb in the room when it comes to computer savvy and also that I am probably missing something very simple.
What I'm looking for is a place to click on (if one exist) that will show me the "new posts" on all new and different topics.

Thank you Welder, for your previous post and for taking the time to help me.

Rodbuster
gandrfab

Post by gandrfab »

At the top of the first page you see.

Support AluminumAlloyBoats.com

And then just under that you see.

View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics
......................................^^^^
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

It sounds like your on a page that is saved as a FAVORITE , try scrolling all the way to the top of the page your on then put your mouse on the Picture of Martys boat [ Top left ] and left click your mouse.

That will take you to the MAIN PAGE or as we call it "Board Index" then look for what GandR told you .

If that doesn't work , call me , cell # 903-208-8388
Lester,
RODBUSTER

Post by RODBUSTER »

I GOT IT :clap: I GOT IT :clap: I GOT IT :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you Matt ( Gandrfab ) and thank you welder. Welder, you hit it right on the nose. I was indeed on a page that was saved as a favorite. Thank you for your patience.

Rodbuster
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

RODBUSTER, ARE YOU A ROD BUSTER OR DO YOU BREAK FISHING RODS ?

I'm a J.I.W. retired Local 433
Lester,
RODBUSTER

Post by RODBUSTER »

I was given the name "Rodbuster" by a good friend that I used to fish with up in New Hampshire. I'm sad to say that yes, the name came to be while I was in the process of retrieving 2 beautiful salmon. By the way, that's 2 beautiful salmon on 2 separate occasions.

A while back, on another fishing forum I was asked a similar question.
The question went something like..... With a name like Rodbuster, do you work with rebar?
My reply was,
No, but I enjoy her country western singing.

Rodbuster
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

RODBUSTER wrote:I was given the name "Rodbuster" by a good friend that I used to fish with up in New Hampshire. I'm sad to say that yes, the name came to be while I was in the process of retrieving 2 beautiful salmon. By the way, that's 2 beautiful salmon on 2 separate occasions.

A while back, on another fishing forum I was asked a similar question.
The question went something like..... With a name like Rodbuster, do you work with rebar?
My reply was,
No, but I enjoy her country western singing.

Rodbuster
Now that's funny, I don't care who ya R. :rotfl:
Lester,
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Yep, Rebar is a great C&W singer from Kiowa Oklahoma - just south of where I grew up. :thumbsup:

I remember someone asking me if I had ever heard of Karaoke. I said sure, that's what we call pallbearers at an Oklahoman's funeral. :mrgreen:

Wecome to the site Rodbuster!

Wayne :beer:
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

reelwise

Post by reelwise »

I enjoyed reading your thread about the Tunnel Master boat. I also have a 17' aluminum Tunnel Master down here in the keys. I love this boat! I also grew up fishing mosquito lagoon out of Oak hill and wish I could've had this boat back then. I would like to hear/see how your project is going with your boat and maybe I/ we can help each other out with some ideas. I have been telling anyone who will listen about how awesome this boat is, but no one has a frame of referance to compare it to without my taking them out in it (which I have done many times). Well anyway good luck with your boat and I hope to here something from you about it in the near future.
3f8
Doator '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17

Post by 3f8 »

Welcome to AAB from another Florida boy.
"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline.
Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
Hunter S. Thompson
reelwise

Post by reelwise »

Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic