glass owner looking to upgrade

Introduce yourself here
plumbwolf

glass owner looking to upgrade

Post by plumbwolf »

I own a 2301Striper and looking to upgrade to an Aluminum boat 26' to 28' looking at a 2725 Kingfisher with twin 115 Yamaha's a friend looked at the specs and told to look at the 26 Duckworth offshore reason was it has a 60*bow deadrise and is wider at the bottom 96" vs 82" he had said the ducworth would ride better. I didn't see Duckworth on your list
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: glass owner looking to upgrade

Post by spoiled one »

The Duckworths look pretty nice. I would go up to twin 150s with either of these hulls as a minimum, though. The kingfishers do not carry enough fuel for my tastes. I have not looked at the specs of the DWs, but they look nice on the water.

Cheers!
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
ruggit

Post by ruggit »

The new Duckworth looks pretty good, and well built. Local dude had his rigged with Verados so he could have twins and rear driving station. My choice would be a big single.
Armstrong 29 with Yamaha F350
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Note to self ....When I get home from vacation , add Duckworth to the list.

:thumbsup:

Coldwaterboats are building a NEW 28 [ Trailerable ] that should be a GREAT boat . Have you looked @ Pacific , they can do a pilot house or full cabin model and both of those manufactures are in your back yard.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Welcome Jay! Glad you made it here.

I will second what Welder said; Coldwater. Talk to Russ and Bruce and see what they can do for you. Each one is custom made to your liking. Your GF will like it along with the Pup of yours. :highfive:

Pacific I have not seen one of their PH's yet.

Mike AKA Gundog has a new Wooldridge built in Seattle that he loves. He was supposed to be out at LaPush last week with us on Saturday. He does want to fish Tuna on his boat as well. I need to see about a trip for kings with you two on a weekend. that way you might get a ride on a slick boat and I get to fish for some kings in the Ocean.

I am the Facilitator. :hammer: :nutkick: :rotfl:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Duckworth is on the list in the whitewater boat section since that has been their emphasis over the years but likely ought to have some rep in the offshore group as well if they are goin' that way . . .
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Thanks Chaps, that's what I get for not looking :mrgreen: I should have figured you would have all ready had them somewhere .

I forgot to Welcome Plumbwolf to AAB , WELCOME ABOARD and enjoy.
While your boat shopping be sure to take some pictures of the new ones and post up to tell us about them.
Lester,
plumbwolf

Post by plumbwolf »

Thanks Guys
Went and looked at the Duckworth they only had a 24 to look at but was really nice will find out how much tomorrow. Twin 150 Yamaha's and a 9.9 kicker I think I will go with the tr-1 instead of the rear steer option.
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

Welcome Plumbwolf:

Thanks for letting us vicariously participate in your boat shopping. Given the parameters you give for your boat, I think you should ask about the new 28 coldwater, mentioned by Welder above. I would also like to see a picture or line drawings of the layout for a full cabin pacific, also mentioned by Welder. Of course, I don't think you will go wrong with the duckworth either. I believe the duckworth shares the same hull as the weldcraft, if you want to check those out too. Good luck, and keep us posted. I can never get enough boat pics too!

Cheers,
Mike
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

We had a Kingfisher owner here, that had the boat taken all the way from out yonder to the east coast in Maryland.

He posted for awhile...

I remember he wasn't all that happy with the add-on rod rack on the roof of the "fort", it was SS but leaking rust or something on his paint job.

I remember he was in the Harmonica business or had something to do with Harmonica's
plumbwolf

Post by plumbwolf »

Thanks for the Help I bit the bullet and ordered a 26 Duckworth Offshore with twin 150's and a 9.9 with tr-1, rear station for twins and if needed tie bar for kicker when not using the TR-1 will post progress should have it mid August. posting similar picture
Attachments
26' w 96.JPG
26' w 96.JPG (163.1 KiB) Viewed 10019 times
goatram

Post by goatram »

I will tow it to LaPush next year for you. Most honored to do so. I also think a new Truck is in store for you Jay. That F150 is kinda light in the hips,

Congratulations a fine upgrade it is :titanic: :titanic: :titanic: :titanic:
John Risser aka goatram
2015 Ford F350 Dually
plumbwolf

Post by plumbwolf »

Thanks John will take you up on the La Push trip :beer:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

NICE choice , is yours going to be painted ?
Lester,
plumbwolf

Post by plumbwolf »

yes it will be painted but I have an option not to paint the lower half just the top band were it has the Duckworth logo
goatram

Post by goatram »

Jay Is the marina at Edmonds a HOT one? I know your Seaswirl is there now. (By the way to post a picture of the Plastic boat you need a kid or a dog on it otherwiseya catch he??). Chaps knows how to coat/Paint the bottom properly. He is over in Bremerton has the rack and water/soda plaster to do a cool job.
John Risser aka goatram
2015 Ford F350 Dually
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Nice boat :thumbsup: Are they still using marine plywood in the cabin for the floor or has that been changed to alloy?

For the money it seems to be a nice choice....

Keep us posted on the performance ect..... Good Luck :thumbsup:
ruggit

Post by ruggit »

A couple of considerations... If you don't need all the rod holders on top of the cabin, split them and run a couple down each side, so you can put raft or other junk on the roof. Consider rail on top side of roof so you have something to hang on to going around. consider rail on top of aft cabin roof for tiedown and temporary rod holders. Consider rail on each corner of aft cabin for rod holders.

I think Tobler Marine in Hayden Lake has a couple of those boats with pictures. One of his customers had the factory install "rubbing strakes" on the hull also. Google them for website. I know you have boat ordered, but the pics may help.
plumbwolf

Post by plumbwolf »

goatram wrote:Jay Is the marina at Edmonds a HOT one? I know your Seaswirl is there now. (By the way to post a picture of the Plastic boat you need a kid or a dog on it otherwiseya catch he??). Chaps knows how to coat/Paint the bottom properly. He is over in Bremerton has the rack and water/soda plaster to do a cool job.
Yes I have heard that it is a Hot marina
plumbwolf

Post by plumbwolf »

ruggit wrote:A couple of considerations... If you don't need all the rod holders on top of the cabin, split them and run a couple down each side, so you can put raft or other junk on the roof. Consider rail on top side of roof so you have something to hang on to going around. consider rail on top of aft cabin roof for tiedown and temporary rod holders. Consider rail on each corner of aft cabin for rod holders.

I think Tobler Marine in Hayden Lake has a couple of those boats with pictures. One of his customers had the factory install "rubbing strakes" on the hull also. Google them for website. I know you have boat ordered, but the pics may help.
Thanks Ruggit it comes stock with the top side rails and has lots of storage on top radar is upfront and top is diamond plate
cabin will be 96" I am splitting the rod holders and will be on each side plus comes with rod holders and net holder on the side. The rubbing stakes are an extra couple grand
Thanks for your help and I have checked out the boats on Tobler marine
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

That is going to be one nice boat! I agree with goatram...you are going to need some heft to pull that baby...a Cummins surrounded by a Dodge comes to mind! Maybe four across the back too! Then you can get a Lance Camper and do it in style at La Push!!! CONGRATS!!! And Welcome to the world of real boats! Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
goatram

Post by goatram »

pjay9 wrote:That is going to be one nice boat! I agree with goatram...you are going to need some heft to pull that baby...a Cummins surrounded by a Dodge comes to mind! Maybe four across the back too! Then you can get a Lance Camper and do it in style at La Push!!! CONGRATS!!! And Welcome to the world of real boats! Capt PJ
He is a Ford man Capt. He has also rode in my Pee Powered beast.

I too was a Dodge Ram kind of guy till I saw his F150 and saw that Ford did not take a bailout, Not sold to the Fiat Overseas company or owned in part by China. It is no longer a Dodge But a RAM to boot I might add :gunner2: A Lance camper I might agree with you on But then he will need a Dually :rotfl:
John Risser aka goatram
2015 Ford F350 Dually
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Aren't Bayliners, now called TROPHY'S?????? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

(pot-stirring at it's finest) :nutkick:
ruggit

Post by ruggit »

Plumbwolf

Sounds like you have it figured out.
Duckworth has designed a serious offshore boat, and will be on my shortlist for my next boat.
West Lake Willows

Post by West Lake Willows »

I wish I had been a little sooner on here.

I just sold my 2009 Seaswirl 2301 with Alaska Pack and hard top and upgraded to the 26' Wooldridge. I flew out from Ontario Canada to Vancouver visited the Kingfisher factory then also went down to the Wooldridge factory. Ordered a 26 with twin 150 E-tecs and a kicker with TR1. LOL. Pretty crazy how similar our situations are.

Scott
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic