New Guy

Introduce yourself here
Transformer guy

New Guy

Post by Transformer guy »

Like to introduce myself, My name is Ramon from Whitney, Texas I am good friends with Les (Welder). I look forward to meeting some new friends and learn more about Alloy boats. Last year Les talked about his trip to Alaska and so this year on July the 18th I made plans to go to Alaska myself. I plan to travel, Seattle,Anchorage, Seward and Talkeetna and Victoria Island BC . Looking for some recommendations on things my wife and I should try to do while in Seattle,Alaska, Victoria Island BC. Thank you for your help.
welder
Site Admin

Re: New Guy

Post by welder »

Ramon, ya made it ....
We have some GREAT guys here on AAB and because of this site I now have some NEW FRIENDSHIPS that should last a life time .
Be sure to go through the forums and use the search features . There are some great pictures of the Pacific North West [ PNW ] and some BAD BOY Alloy boats not to mention some awesome fish pictures.

Hopefully the guys in the PNW will have some suggestions for you and your wife , things to see and do , that your wife will enjoy doing.

And I Apologize ahead of time for you wanting a Alloy boat , just tell her Lester made you do it . Be sure your new boat has a head in it . :mrgreen:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Welcome Ramon. I do not spend time in Seattle I live about a hour north. Might be hitting King Salmon off of the Possession Sound on the 23 July. During the week I work 2nd shift. The weekends I fish up north in the sound or out in westport or Neah Bay. 2 to 7 hours from Seattle. Like Texas this is big Country. Not like New England. The NE States are small enough to be counties out here.You taking a Cruise :titanic:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Transformer guy

welder wrote:Ramon, ya made it ....
We have some GREAT guys here on AAB and because of this site I now have some NEW FRIENDSHIPS that should last a life time .
Be sure to go through the forums and use the search features . There are some great pictures of the Pacific North West [ PNW ] and some BAD BOY Alloy boats not to mention some awesome fish pictures.

Hopefully the guys in the PNW will have some suggestions for you and your wife , things to see and do , that your wife will enjoy doing.

And I Apologize ahead of time for you wanting a Alloy boat , just tell her Lester made you do it . Be sure your new boat has a head in it . :mrgreen:
Sounds like good advice, she likes to go out and fish with me sometimes, but usually just enjoys taking pictures and being out on the water. Thats why on this trip I have plan some trips out on some boats. I like this site cause I love fishing but to many of my friends are tied up most of the time and my dad an old sailor he lived for fishing especially ocean fishing has passed on and this site I may be able to meet and talk to people who like me love to fish.
Transformer guy

goatram wrote:Welcome Ramon. I do not spend time in Seattle I live about a hour north. Might be hitting King Salmon off of the Possession Sound on the 23 July. During the week I work 2nd shift. The weekends I fish up north in the sound or out in westport or Neah Bay. 2 to 7 hours from Seattle. Like Texas this is big Country. Not like New England. The NE States are small enough to be counties out here.You taking a Cruise :titanic:
Sounds like a great time. What size are the King Salmon and what else do you catch up in that area? Love to be there to catch a few of them. Goatram any recommendations on good seafood restaurant's in Seattle where all the locals would go to and maybe even other great local places to eat at
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Ivars North side of Lake Union On the water. Just below and West of I-5's Big A$$ bridge. Pike Place Market is a good couple of hours to walk around the Farmer's and Fish Market. Pioneer Square in downtown Seattle. Real Neat to do the Underground tour. History of the City, Why the streets are the way they are. The original Ground Floors are now the Basement on 1st St, 2ND st. is at the second floor and then third street is at the third floor level. They (the Original Settlers) Washed down the Hils to fill in the streets. Big Cliff next to the water. Temperature is cooler down below on the tour. But coming from Texas you will be cold when it's 75 to 80 degrees when we will be crying about the heat. Kings run to 30 to 40 lbs for the big ones around here. The average is 15 to 20 and can go as high as 70+ lbs if you get Real Lucky Now they Are real rare :banghead: :rotfl:

Dungines Crab and Coho along with some Pink Salmon as well are or soon to be abundant. Hopefully chaps or Capt PJ will chime in soon for some more Ideas. :popcorn:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
TimW Texas

Post by TimW Texas »

Hello and welcome those are nice things to do in Seattle like goatram said have fun and enjoy Alaska Tim.
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

tansformer, Welcome to AAB. How are you traveling to all those places you mentioned? You are in SEA on what days? Maybe I could meet up with you if I am not running a boat. I work for WATERWAYS CRUISES just a few blacks from Ivar's...we do a dinner trip that may good for you...look in our website.

So tell me the exact dates you are in town, Seattle.

The AK boys should be popping in here to give you some tips! I spent months in SE and PWS with Cruise West as first officer aboard there small cruise ships, before they went out of business and as Captain on a 94' in Glacier Bay. So all my advice would be from a waterside port point of view about AK.

Sounds like you are going to have a grand trip! Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
wdkerek

Post by wdkerek »

Happy you are here man! Great guys, and some awesome "make you jealous" boats.
Transformer guy

pjay9 wrote:tansformer, Welcome to AAB. How are you traveling to all those places you mentioned? You are in SEA on what days? Maybe I could meet up with you if I am not running a boat. I work for WATERWAYS CRUISES just a few blacks from Ivar's...we do a dinner trip that may good for you...look in our website.

So tell me the exact dates you are in town, Seattle.

The AK boys should be popping in here to give you some tips! I spent months in SE and PWS with Cruise West as first officer aboard there small cruise ships, before they went out of business and as Captain on a 94' in Glacier Bay. So all my advice would be from a waterside port point of view about AK.

Sounds like you are going to have a grand trip! Capt PJ
Pjay9, I will be in Seattle on July 16th and 17th on my first round and then I come back to seattle on 24th and 25th before goin over to Victoria Island. I have Scheduled one cruise on the 25th which is Seattle to San Juan Island. I will check out your Website and get back with you. Look forward to possibly meeting up with you in Seattle.
Transformer guy

wdkerek wrote:Happy you are here man! Great guys, and some awesome "make you jealous" boats.
Appreciate the welcome and look forward to getting to know the guys in the group. Part of my sales territory use to be LA. loved the people and the food met, I got to meet some great people while I had that area.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic