I hope MRACER posts up soon

Introduce yourself here
Sculpin

I hope MRACER posts up soon

Post by Sculpin »

I noticed another Vancouver Island member has signed up but is shy about posting......................

Maybe this post will kick start him!!!
Last edited by Sculpin on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
MRACER
Your location: CANADA WEST COAST

Re: I hope MRACER posts up soon

Post by MRACER »

Mracer here-Thanks for the kick start- As a retired firefighter from Calgary I try to keep my mouth shut and learn about this wonderful sport. Not shy, just trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible from those willing to teach. Just built a home in Saltair, BC-Canada and sold my 21 ft Proline to join the metal boat fraternity. Putting together a 24 ft former commercial crab boat boat by removing all the center cockpit, doghouse and controls and replacing with a pilot house with full head and suspension seats. Can't wait for spring!
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

MRACER wrote:Mracer here-Thanks for the kick start- As a retired firefighter from Calgary I try to keep my mouth shut and learn about this wonderful sport. Not shy, just trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible from those willing to teach. Just built a home in Saltair, BC-Canada and sold my 21 ft Proline to join the metal boat fraternity. Putting together a 24 ft former commercial crab boat boat by removing all the center cockpit, doghouse and controls and replacing with a pilot house with full head and suspension seats. Can't wait for spring!
Ha ha I knew that would work :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard MRACER :beer:
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

MRACER wrote:Mracer here-Thanks for the kick start- As a retired firefighter from Calgary I try to keep my mouth shut and learn about this wonderful sport. Not shy, just trying to absorb as much knowledge as possible from those willing to teach. Just built a home in Saltair, BC-Canada and sold my 21 ft Proline to join the metal boat fraternity. Putting together a 24 ft former commercial crab boat boat by removing all the center cockpit, doghouse and controls and replacing with a pilot house with full head and suspension seats. Can't wait for spring!
Now that is a real project! Be sure to post up some "before" pics and welcome!
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
dave
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Your location: Riverview, FL

Post by dave »

Welcome to the Forum. I also have a pilothouse boat. You will love it.
MRACER

Post by MRACER »

will try a picture of the before--The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 300 KiB.

will try to resize it-
MRACER

Post by MRACER »

beyond my computer knowledge????I could email it to someone who knows how???
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Send it to me .

:thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Welcome Mracer!! What coincidence...I had a 21' Proline (1986 Cuddy) for two decades before buying my Pacific 23. I was on my boat yesterday wondering what it would cost to remove the hard top and center console to replace it with a pilot house full head and suspension seats!!! No joke!! :highfive:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
MRACER

Post by MRACER »

welder wrote:Send it to me .

:thumbsup:
Thank you-- tried to send email but fail to see how to attach a picture. bob
MRACER

Post by MRACER »

S L Dave- The pilot house cost of alumn and welding is about 5-6 thousand. The head and holding tank and macerator is about 1 thou. Not sure about the cost of the glass yet and assorted stuff you think about as you proceed (gotta quit thinking!!) I hope for under 10.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

The topic right above this one explains how to post pictures using Photo Bucket.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
MRACER

Post by MRACER »

Welder kindly posted pictures of the project under your Alloy Boat forum--Many thanks and hope to get some great ideas from fellow members here.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

:rotfl:
S L Dave wrote:
Welcome Mracer!! What coincidence...I had a 21' Proline (1986 Cuddy) for two decades before buying my Pacific 23. I was on my boat yesterday wondering what it would cost to remove the hard top and center console to replace it with a pilot house full head and suspension seats!!! No joke!! :highfive:

Oh no, here we go again.......Dave, ya may need to get with Alloy Toy, as he "toyed with" that idea too.
All these CC owners who wish they had a different boat. You're close enough to just drop it off at Pacific and be done with it. And have something like that "done right".

Yeah, I was thinking of adding on a "time machine" to my boat, so I could go back in time and start my life all over again, but with my boat. But haven't found anyone that does that kind of fab work yet... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Time machine...hmmm...I would still have my boat AND a full head of hair!!!! :clap:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic