IDEAS FOR THE SITE

Introduce yourself here
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

IDEAS FOR THE SITE

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Hey Lester,

You may want to consider a couple more forums:

FISHING IN YOUR ALUMINUM BOAT (fishing reports/ fishing info maybe by region or fresh water/saltwater???
SPECIAL USES IN YOUR ALUMINUM BOATS (jet boat racing, fishing, rescue and tow boat, etc.)

I don't know, just a passing thought.

PS: I spoke today with one of the guys on the westcoast, he is away but when he returns he will signup.

Maybe you want to make a few bucks and figure out a discounted price and get all or most of the World wide aluminum boat builders to advertise on your site.

Maybe you could make another FORUM, for them "BUILDERS ROW" you never know till you try, many may not like it because they could easily be compared to other builders, side by side??? But hey that competition, if lots are on, it will make it hard for the rest not to come on.

You cold also do a builder of the month spot light giving each builder the chance to spot light their company.

Also you may want to make a FACTS & INFORMATION FORUM where you just post the FACTS on aluminum and aluminum boat buildings, as you know there is a lot of information on the web, and as people looking for information on aluminum boats and they hit your site, they can get a huge amount of factual information all in one location, the differences between the different grades of aluminum, the different styles of building and constructions, the different names of the parts of a boa, stern/stem/gunnel/transom kind of a boating dictionary.

Just a thought

Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Marty, Good call on the forums, if you look up top I started a Mfg and dealers forum and were loading it up over the next few days.

I really like your other ideas and will prop. use them .

Thank you for being a part of this site.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

westcoasters

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Lester, I just invited a dozen other westcoasters to come visit, the guy neil just finished this boat himself. He has a lot of pictures of her.
Check her out.
Marty
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Marty , She is sweet , I think I seen her on allcoast.

Take alook around the site again I made a few changes
Lester,
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

welder wrote:Marty , She is sweet , I think I seen her on allcoast.

Take alook around the site again I made a few changes
Les, I just posted to 64 aluminum boat owners on the westcoast, you should see some activity in the next couple of days. I'll mossey around the site. marty
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Marty , THANK YOU .

Did ya see the forum changes ?
Lester,
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

HELP FOR YOU

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

welder wrote:Marty , THANK YOU .

Did ya see the forum changes ?
Les,

No problem, glad to help,

I see the changes and will start to get some posts going, its alittle hard not being able to post new fishing trip pictures, but maybe I'll post some past trips and write up if you want, I don't want to pollute the site if you only want to see new stuff. let me know. Marty
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Marty, this is a new site so any picture here is a new one .
Lester,
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Lester, How about a general photos forum for posting random pics of alloy boats?
Such as . . .

This is a 1954 FeatherCraft - kinda neat and establishes a bit of heritage since most
people think welded aluminum boats is a new thing.

Bob
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Chaps,

Not here. Your amongst open minded folks that have done their homework.
For the love of Alloy!

WELCOME, glad to have ya aboard.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

SHARP FEATHER

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Chaps wrote: This is a 1954 FeatherCraft - kinda neat and establishes a bit of heritage since most people think welded aluminum boats is a new thing. Bob
Bob,

Sweet rig! It's fantanstic to see that in 1954, someone with a creative mind, took a flat piece of aluminum sheet and started flexing and bending it and made your sweet, sharp looking lady you have there. You should start your own thread on her and post a lot of pictures on her in "SHOW YOUR BOAT". I can't wait to see more pictures of her sweet little shape. Welcome aboard. Marty
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Marty, its not mine. It was a boat that popped up on craigslist here locally so I grabbed the photo. Thats kind of my point about suggesting a forum for general pics & discussions of any aluminum boats, a place where pics of boats that don't belong to us can be posted. I've got kind of an interesting collection going already on my hard drive and there are always a bunch of new boats at the Seattle show that I could put up here as well.

For instance last year a small local NW builder was showing this nice little cat.

Bob

Bob5292

Aluminum Cat

Post by Bob5292 »

Do you have any more details on the Cat or happen to remember what they were asking for her. I was on it at the boat show last year and it seemed pretty nice. The only issue I had, is that the cabin was too short to stand up in. It was the first time I had been on cat and it seemed huge for at 18'. If I remember right, it was built to be used as a tender for a yacht.

Bob[/quote]
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Aluminum Cat

Post by Chaps »

Bob5292 wrote:Do you have any more details on the Cat or happen to remember what they were asking for her. I was on it at the boat show last year and it seemed pretty nice. The only issue I had, is that the cabin was too short to stand up in. It was the first time I had been on cat and it seemed huge for at 18'. If I remember right, it was built to be used as a tender for a yacht.

Bob
I don't remember much about the boat other than it was fairly low priced for what it was. Maybe they'll have another one there this year. As I recall it had deep narrow hulls like the early Glacier Bay boats that would glide thru chop easily but not really get up on plane. Like you say it might have been a one-off boat built for a specific application.

So I'm a NW Bob too - what part of town do you live in?

Bob

On edit: I found another pic of that cat and now I remember how unusual it was - nose was chopped off like a landing craft but without the door. No wonder it felt big for being only 18' long!

Bob5292

Cat

Post by Bob5292 »

Chaps: I'm in Mill Creek, about 15 minutes north of Seattle. By the look of that bow, the guys who made that it probbly specialize in landing crafts and never bothered to change the design. I would hate to be on it without a seatbelt when it noses into a wave and comes to a complete stop.

Bob
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic