New member and have a project...

Introduce yourself here
Tunamon

New member and have a project...

Post by Tunamon »

I've been a fishing addict for my whole life starting with channel cats, bullheads, shiners and sun fish on the creek I grew up on, then added mountain fishing for trout. After college I moved to the NW because my uncle lived out here and we visited him once in a while and got to fish the ocean. Those trips on the ocean, seeing the big rivers and mountains drew me here.

Living in the NW you can't maximize your fishing opportunities without a boat, my first boat was a aluminum Smokercraft 12' with a 20/25 Mercury pump on it. That boat was a blast to fish on by myself, but add another big guy like myself and getting to plane was a hard task.

Next I evolved to a 20' Alumiweld Free Drifter with a 115 Mercury pump, what a great boat but the river I like fishing for steelhead gets pretty low and having the 115 pump verses a smaller one was a mistake, but you live and learn.

Both of these boats limited me to bay fishing, which lead me to my next boat. I had really got into Albacore tuna fishing on the Washington and Oregon coast so I purchased a used 2601 Striper with twin 150's which really was a step up from my prior boats. This boat is a great boat but I alway had the yearning for an Aluminum Offshore boat. So recently I found a Canadian built Wolf boat - 25' with Euro transom and forward raised bulwarks. It's a really nice platform to build on. It doesn't have motors, wiring or even a center console. I've always wanted a Pacific boat but they are out of my budget range. So what I would like to do is build a Pacific style center console on my boat. Thus I'm looking for any feedback from people on this forum for building a center console like the Center Console Hardtops which Pacific builds for it's 23' and up boats.

Here's my project boat:

Last edited by Tunamon on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: New member and have a project...

Post by Chaps »

Is that the hull that was for sale up here? Nice! Why not just take it to Pacific and have them add a console?
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Tunamon

Post by Tunamon »

I have a call into Pacific and yes it's an option but am worried they might be outside my budget, since I still have to get motors and get everything wired . Another option I'm looking into is having a marine designer draw out my build and give me the cad cnc files. Then I can take the files to a metal cutter and have them cut out the pieces with a cnc machine. Lastly, I could buy, cut and weld the metal myself. So I have options.

Yes, it was the hull up in Port Townsend. It had never used and was in storage since 2009.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

I'm sure Specmar would provide a dandy design and cut file for you and he's in your neighborhood http://www.specmar.com/products1.html
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
gulfislander

Post by gulfislander »

good find! those wolf boats are awesome. I was just up at his shop a few months back pricing one out.. unfortunatly a bit above my price range buying new. show us some pics when you have it all rigged and ready to go!!
cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic