New guy

Introduce yourself here
mergusserrator

New guy

Post by mergusserrator »

Hi all, I've been lurking around here for quite sometime now and decided finally to jump in and get my feet wet . I'm in the market for a 20' ish cc alloy boat and this place has been a wealth of knowledge and really helped me with my searchings.I'm located on the great lakes and primary use would be waterfowl hunting and fishing, with a little summer time playing mixed in.To this point have always ran a steel hull 20', sold that so now for a replacement. I know pacific boats and their reputation, but recently have also been talking with Woolridge, both seem to make a great product and unfortunately for me they arent a dime a dozen around here.Either way any advice or recommendations would be appreciated
welder
Site Admin

Re: New guy

Post by welder »

Welcome aboard and glad to see you jumping in.
You have mentioned a couple of builders, if you stay with that quality you wont have a problem. Do you want new or would a good Previously Owned Ride be OK.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
mergusserrator

Post by mergusserrator »

Honestly used would be okay, but I still dont want another project boat, also to find anything used in my neck of the woods is a joke . Unfortunately there just arent that many that seem to make their way around here.I know of one Pacific for sale and after conversations with Julie she pretty much gaurenteed what I figured so to good to be true on that boat, so I'll keep digging
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Roger that, lets keep our eyes open and see what we can find.
Lester,
mergusserrator

Post by mergusserrator »

Anybody Ever heard of Lake Assault boats based out of Wisconsin?
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Yup, but never seen one, look pretty neat on their site
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
mergusserrator

Post by mergusserrator »

Just wanted to once again thank this place for an amazing wealth of knowledge and information it has been for me, I placed a deposit with Wooldridge to build a super sport offshore and customize it to my desire.To say I am excited is an understatement, unfortunately I have to wait a while as they are busy, I guess that speaks for Wooldridge . I've been extremely impressed in dealing with them thus far and cannot wait to fly out and visit the factory.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Be sure to have Glen and the boys send you some pictures of the build to post up here when you can.
:beer:
Lester,
3f8
Doator '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17

Post by 3f8 »

Congratulations on the new build.
"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline.
Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
Hunter S. Thompson
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Do yourself a favor leave it unpainted. My only Fault with your choice is that. I have seen a few examples that need to be repainted.

I second Les's request to post pictures. This past weekend and into this Saturday you could have seen a few examples of Aluminum Boats at the Sportsmen and Seattle Boat Show.

Welcome and enjoy the new boat. :thumbsup:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
mergusserrator

Post by mergusserrator »

I almost actually flew out for the Seattle show, but I had just got home from California the week prior damn work always in the way.I didn't actually plan on painting, might do a camo vinyl strip.The boat will be a 20' super sport offshore with a center console, e-tec 150 h.o. on the back.Primary use waterfowl hunting and fishing, with a little play time mixed in during the summer months.I really am looking forward to checking out the Wooldridge operation in person, they have been the best "salesmen" I have ever dealt with by far.I use that term loosely as not once did I ever feel like I was dealing with a salesmen.I will be sure to post pics once the build is underway :beer:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic