New AK/BC member

Introduce yourself here
azzdoc

New AK/BC member

Post by azzdoc »

Part time Alaskan, part time British Columbian starting to look into options for 20ft center console aluminum boat for coastal cruising and fishing in BC.

Starting to do some research.

Quick question: Does anyone know who makes the custom aluminum boats for Langara Lodge on North end of Queen Charlottes. Nice looking fleet on the advertising videos. Who built them?
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: New AK/BC member

Post by JETTYWOLF »

That (user name) reminds me of the "azz-man" on Seinfeld.

"It was one chance in a Million Doc, one chance in a million......."

[BBvideo 560,340]http://youtu.be/tujqM2u-BVo[/BBvideo]

So, I must be on the right track, huh?
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

azzdoc wrote:Part time Alaskan, part time British Columbian starting to look into options for 20ft center console aluminum boat for coastal cruising and fishing in BC.

Starting to do some research.

Quick question: Does anyone know who makes the custom aluminum boats for Langara Lodge on North end of Queen Charlottes. Nice looking fleet on the advertising videos. Who built them?
Welcome to AAB, those are built by Ironwood Boats, New Westminister, BC. http://www.ironwoodboats.com/
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
azzdoc

Post by azzdoc »

Thanks for the info about the Langara boats Chaps

Also thanks for recognizing the Seinfeld reference in my username Jettywolf.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Welcome Doc
Chaps is the man for this questions. If you keep your boat in the water; chaps is also the go to guy for your future girls jazz as well. Our own bottom jazz Doc. (Hull painter that is.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

all the world's a Seinfeld Episode....if you like it or not.
:popcorn: :popcorn:
Napa Mike

Post by Napa Mike »

Welcome!

Ironwood makes some really nice boats. Unfortunately, he does not update his website much, so you will only find old photos there. You can more or less date the photos by looking at the outboard motors. There are some more recent pics of Ironwood boats if you surf around on this site. A bunch of great builders are located in your area if you are looking to have something custom built. Otherwise, keep an eye on Craig's List and Boat Trader. When something interesting pops up on the market, the members here try to make a note of it for all the other members.

Cheers,
Mike
azzdoc

Post by azzdoc »

Napa Mike wrote:Welcome!

Ironwood makes some really nice boats. Unfortunately, he does not update his website much, so you will only find old photos there. You can more or less date the photos by looking at the outboard motors. There are some more recent pics of Ironwood boats if you surf around on this site. A bunch of great builders are located in your area if you are looking to have something custom built. Otherwise, keep an eye on Craig's List and Boat Trader. When something interesting pops up on the market, the members here try to make a note of it for all the other members.

Cheers,
Mike
Thanks Mike,

I do like the look of the Ironwood boats a lot. I have quotes from a number of the good local builders and am just trying to decide what makes sense.
azzdoc

Post by azzdoc »

Still looking and getting advice. I am hearing from quite a few people that it makes sense to try as many boats as possible. How does one do that? Rentals? Friends?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic