Hello to all

Introduce yourself here
hamachitoro

Hello to all

Post by hamachitoro »

Hey I just wanted to say thanks I used this site a lot to help with my latest project. I picked up a 26' seawolf (custom builder) sans engine for a very good deal. I wasn't sure what kind of new alloy toy I wanted and looked at a lot of build threads in here to determine build structures etc. Waited the previous owner out 18 months until the price point was there and Bam, game on. It had an AD41P in it with 3,500+ hours, that got sold. We flush decked it, added tankage and a removable fish bin which is macerated. We the hung a pooderbuilt bracket on the BACK SIDE end and installed a F300 V-6. She's a screamer and cruise at 3,800 at 2.7mpg, 27knts, with a FULL load. Very, Very efficient out board powered 26' alloy pilothouse, only 12* @ transom, variable up to 40* entry. Stennar does a great job, got way less than half new in her, pleased to say the least.
Attachments
IMG_2160.JPG
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Hello to all

Post by Chaps »

Those are great boats. What is (was) her name?

Wasn't Stenner known to say he would never build an outboard?

And hey, welcome to AAB!
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
hamachitoro

Post by hamachitoro »

Ya know he built a few, but not many. He likes the volvo-penta line, but I'm through giving volvo $ for parts. Its an exceptional little craft. Finished her up in late august and the put 70hrs on it in sept. and oct. Still needs some stuff done to it, but what boat doesn't.
Attachments
IMG_0257.jpg
hamachitoro

Post by hamachitoro »

She's called The Grey Goose.
Attachments
IMG_0300.JPG
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

The Goose is loose and she is sweet. :beer:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Welcome to AAB :thumbsup:

Nice boat and a great king
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Gypseas
Donator 14, 15

Post by Gypseas »

Very nice boat indeed,
3,800 at 2.7mpg, 27knts
those are wicked numbers for a 26 what prop do you use

cheers
hamachitoro

Post by hamachitoro »

Those #'s are with a 151/2x17 yamaha saltwater series II. Mounting height = anti cavitation plate 2" above bottom of keel. She's the most efficient gas powered boat of that size i've been on. Growing up in alaska I've been on a lot of alloy boats this size over the years. In the 25-28', stennar only built em with 12* aft, but his variable transition to forty is very bulbly, or slightly round from the keel to reverse chines. With this feature known, as a radius bottom in the jet boating world, the boat stays on step and try @13-14knts in 6 seas. And not ocean swell but vertically fetched canal chop. I imagine the transverse frame members have a lot of reverse camber in them to create this effect. Anywho, I gutted the boat, rewired the whole thing, new garmin electronic (craigslist), new lewmar windlass (craigslist), new anchor and rode, pulled and cleaned train tank (150). We also fabed up a new 38 gal auxiliary tank, which lives in the forward area of where the motor was, and a new macerated fish box aft of that. 188gal at an average of 2.6-2.7mpg loaded w 188 total fuel gives me up to 500 mile range. Everything got reworked, it was a dedicated i month task as that was the only time I had to do it and we started in july and my freezer was empty……go time. We tried to make it look as factory as we could. This boat has 5 large air tight chambers, I did the math and I believe its enough to keep it up but, the cg is high so I doubt she would stay upright. Still cool feature we pressure tested the chambers to 3 psi and they kept their pressure-NEAT. I guess I'll do a project thread I don't have many pics, but as this is my 4th project of this nature a few might be interested. I've lurked here since the beginning, and used your expertise many times so I'll share this time.
Attachments
IMG_0274.jpg
Gypseas
Donator 14, 15

Post by Gypseas »

hamachitoro wrote:Those #'s are with a 151/2x17 yamaha saltwater series II. Mounting height = anti cavitation plate 2" above bottom of keel.
Thank you for that, finding the right prop what a pain in the arse.

How do you find removing a heavy diesel engine/leg and replacing it with 1/2 the weight at the stern affects the water line and everything that comes with that (self bailing deck-water not flowing to the back where the scuppers are, when running might even plow-since the bow is heavier-can't get mine to porpoise why I am thinking my top speed and efficiency are not what I expected)

Sounds like you found a winner there

:beer:
hamachitoro

Post by hamachitoro »

You have to account for buoyancy, which is why I did not go with a hull extension, and actually mounted my partial flotation bracket 1.5 inches high for a mounting height of 26.5 inches w/ a 25 " outboard allowing the BACK SIDE to sit down in the water. The first pic is with 0 fuel and a 2-3* deck angle (in the proper direction). Sometimes if you know you have to cap the outdrive hole anyway its good to splash it and add weight to see where you are. bring 35 gal trash cans add water against the transom to see where you at weight wise. You can always add weight but the goal of course is to avoid that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic