New from South Jersey

Introduce yourself here
Boogieman

New from South Jersey

Post by Boogieman »

Glad I found this forum. I have had boats all my life starting with the first Gamefisher 12' flat bottom when I was about 8 or 9. Anyway I am without right now and want to build an aluminum duck boat. I have the shop and skills but havent found the right set of plans to get started. Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. Looking to build a 16'+- semi V similar to the basstracker welded boats with some modifications for duck hunting. I would also look at any specific duck hunting boats or even shallow water low sided designs. I have fond some great plans for stitch and glue type construction with plywood and NON ALLOY but I would prefer to have a design that takes advantage of aluminum.
Has to: be outboard powered, carry 3 people and a dog, get into shallow water, slide in mud well. Used my brothers 12' welded gruman jon for many years and it worked pretty well but was a little tight for 2 guys, dog and deeks. When not duck hunting I want to be able to use the same boat for tidal river fishing, clammin, crabbing, camping etc..
I have a 7500sq ft machine shop with TIG and a Spool gun MIG, Plasma, forklift etc... Have access to CNC Plasma table and Water Jet out to 5x10' also have CAD, CAM in house so I can likely take a drawing and create some .dxf files for my water jest or plasm guys to cut sheets.
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Re: New from South Jersey

Post by goatram »

John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
welder
Site Admin

Re: New from South Jersey

Post by welder »