Another old noob

Introduce yourself here
Yofish
Donator '20

Another old noob

Post by Yofish »

New guy that's really an old guy that builds AL boats of my own design. Here is a pic of the latest start - a 25' cabin skiff.

To those who might know: is there a way to get rid of those horrid emoticons doing mischief over there on the right? It's like flies crawling around on a page that you're writing on.
IMG_0490 (Small).JPG
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Home at Last!

Post by kmorin »

Yofish, welcome back to the AAB.com we'll have to inquire of welder &Co. site admin.s to see about quieting the animated emoticons; but its good to see you post here.

The pic attached was kind of small so I cranked it up a little, but lost some resolution in the process.

Is this one of your fully decked 20' skiffs, I think you've done two of that model so far? (or) Are you starting another one either way- will we get to see pics of the full build process on one those previous boats?
Build posts are about the most popular topics here so the more info and detail you'd care to share, the more it is appreciated by the AAB.com Forum readers. You have a "cut file" for sale of that design if I recall(?) so member here could have that model boat cut for them in their area and build their own version, if that is the same design boat in the picture?

Welcome back to the Forum, thanks for posting the build picture but...... as always, they are interesting but create more questions.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: Another old noob

Post by AlloyToy »

Yofish wrote:New guy that's really an old guy that builds AL boats of my own design. Here is a pic of the latest start - a 25' cabin skiff.

To those who might know: is there a way to get rid of those horrid emoticons doing mischief over there on the right? It's like flies crawling around on a page that you're writing on.
IMG_0490 (Small).JPG

Hold it Hold it Hold it :idea: We need some pics now please :mrgreen:
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Welcome Yofish. Where are you located? Looks like Kevin is aware of your work. That is a good enough intro for me :thumbsup:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Yofish
Donator '20

Post by Yofish »

Thanks for the replys. I'm located in Homer, AK and yes, Kevin and I communicate. As a matter of fact, I owe him some 'spainin as I haven't been responding as I should. My daughter is getting married on the 2nd next month (and relocating, all at once) and I'm awfully behind on this boat is my lame excuse. I will post some pictures soon of what progress I've made. I'll start with some lines in a new post now that I'm officially an old noob.

Mark
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

Yofish is this the old "I'm marrying off my baby girl and need to burn wire all day" excuse for not posting pics of the new 25'er?

Congratulations, Dad I hope she chose wisely and his new parents-in-law approve of her young man?

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic