I seem to be getting 4'itis

Introduce yourself here
dennis

I seem to be getting 4'itis

Post by dennis »

Hello everyone,
I haven't had a boat for the past 5 years. It seems I'm getting the bug again. Have had 4 aluminums and 2 glass in the past 40 years, all tillers. I spent June and July in Shoreline,WA welcoming a new grandson and while there spent a good deal of time in the area of the Edmund Marina.....
I'm looking forward to learning more about AABs.
dennis
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Re: I seem to be getting 4'itis

Post by kmorin »

dennis, welcome to the AAB.com Forum, probably the friendliest and more enthusiastic welded aluminum boat group online. Not everyone that reads and follows the site has a boat, and of those who do; I'd say tiller engine skiffs are fewer than center consoles and cabin models of various types?

Originally, I built tiller-only skiffs for commercial net fishing in the Cook Inlet in South Central Alaska, so I'm particularly partial to welded, tiller engine skiffs. However, they just don't offer any protection from the weather and that leads to the weather helm/dog house/stand up cabin/walk around/center console models of boats where comfort is a more important design priority.

It will be interesting to follow your thoughts, if you'll share them? as you shop for a boat to meet your needs in today's marketplace of welded aluminum boats.
As you're already commenting on other topics, we'll see you over there, welcome to the AAB.com Forum.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai,AK
kmorin
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Welcome dennis :beer:
Congrats on the new Grandson. :highfive:

There are few of the aluminum boats around here in Washington. Kinda the same weather in the summer but your winters are best kept in your neck of the woods. Boats with Forts are enjoyed year round here in the PNW. Winter time Blackmouth Fishing is enjoyed here in the wind and rain that we call our winter. Turn on the heater and sit back and wait for the bite to come on.

Never had a tiller boat unless you want to include the small riveted lake boat with a 9.9 hp. As Kevin said Start looking around and define what you want. Ask some questions and do some research and post up and become family here
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Ziamonld

Post by Ziamonld »

You made me understand many stories up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic