Hello

Introduce yourself here
SmokingBore

Hello

Post by SmokingBore »

Hello everyone.

Planning on getting a boat in a couple years so I joined to gain some extra knowledge. I personally have an inflatable one person pontoon which is a great single person fishing boat when conditions permit. I'm close to Pyramid lake in N. NV, if your familiar with this lake it offers huge Lahontan trout. My personal largest is a 12.3lber but much larger have been caught. A 23lber was caught last month. I've used my pontoon out here on multiple occasions but as its a large lake where conditions change quick or I just can't hit the water at all due to conditions and I'm not comfortable taking it out to far.

I've had the good fortune of having my buddy's Crestliner inboard to use out there but unfortunately he sold it recently. It was also pushing the limits of my Jeep Wranglers 3500lb tow capacity.

So I'm looking at several boats that can handle large lake rough water and meet my tow requirements.

The Klamath windshields models seem to fit the bill as well as the Crestliner outboard models. The Klamath boats are much lighter and seem to have a good rep for being used inshore which I wouldn't mind on the rare occasion. They don't seem to have the amenities that the Crestliners have though and I don't know how well they would handle a skier or tuber behind it. Not a priority but it would be nice on a rare occasion.

At any rate this is where I am at in my deciding factor.

Boat that can handle fishing on large lakes priority.
Boat that is easy to tow bye vehicle with 3500lb tow capacity.
Rare occasion to be used in the bay and inshore.
Rare occasion being used for recreational skiing and tubing.

Any advice is appreciated. Max price would be a boat decked out at 30k but I'd prefer it be closer to 20k. I'd also prefer a new boat over a used boat.
3f8
Doator '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17

Re: Hello

Post by 3f8 »

Welcome to AAB. I'm pleased with the construction of my Stabicraft. An 1850 super cab might fit for you. A Blackdog cat if you can get one.
"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline.
Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
Hunter S. Thompson
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic