New here and shopping for a boat

Introduce yourself here
PNWStormTrooper

New here and shopping for a boat

Post by PNWStormTrooper »

Well I have been browsing boats for the last 6 months or so. I have narrowed my list down to a few based on hull thickness, deadrise and a few other things. The 22-23' NR Seahawk is up front right now based on all factors including price. If money wasn't an issue then I think either the rogue jet coastal or edge marine OS would be sitting front and center. But as that is I still have not decided. Whatever I get must have at least a 200 on it for tuning and water sports in the summer but mainly serve as a Puget sound fishing boat.

I recently stumbled across Allied Boats out of Bremerton, WA and the Warhawk 22-23 really caught my eye. Does anyone on here have experience with them or more build stats on the hull construction. Information seems to be hard to come by on them.

Thanks for any and all input!
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: New here and shopping for a boat

Post by Chaps »

Seahawks are a good build and resale is excellent. The Allied Boats are by Defiance Marine, they have a facility by the airport in Bremerton, you should go look at them
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
PNWStormTrooper

I'm actually headed out to my grandparents place on hood canal toward the end of the month and will make the stop. I hope they will have one in stock at that point.
John@Ironwood

Post by John@Ironwood »

It is good to look at aluminum thickness but panel size plays a big factor in things.

Panel size is the length (longitudinals) and width (frames) of aluminum that is open (unsupported) in a hull.

My $0.02 is that a .155" hull with a 10" x 40" panel size is better than a .188 hull with a 20" x 40" panel size.

From strictly a strength standpoint a boat that is full of spray foam is the best but spray foam can bring along issues that can make it undesirable.
PNWStormTrooper

That makes sense. I guess the more I look at my options and the more questions I ask, the more confused I get on which direction to take haha.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

look at boats with a .250" hull - problem and confusion solved!
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
PNWStormTrooper

Well I got some specs back from Allied Boats last night and I'm more and more excited to go and take a look at them. The 22/23' Warhawk has a 102" beam with an 88" bottom, .250" aluminum hull thickness, 19 degree deadrise and a 47 degree bow entry angle. I'm going to swing by the bremerton dealer in about 2 weeks and have a looksy but I may be ordering something from them in the near future.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic