Heading back to alloy

Introduce yourself here
noexcuses2

Heading back to alloy

Post by noexcuses2 »

Had a couple alloy boats in the past (78 riveted hewes sea runner and then a 24' north river Seahawk) then converted to a bigger glass boat for tuna fishing (contender 27 open). I am thinking of going back to the alloy side. Will be another open boat. Thinking it will be a hardtop or a fort boat. Still have to sell the glass boat, but just about got her ready, waiting on new brake parts and final cleaning before she goes up. Although I will keep fishing her until sold.
So anyway, just wanted to say hi and plan on asking lots of questions on the quest for the next "last boat I am going to buy" lol.

Stan
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Heading back to alloy

Post by Chaps »

Welcome, what size you thinking about going in to?
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
noexcuses2

Re: Heading back to alloy

Post by noexcuses2 »

Chaps wrote:Welcome, what size you thinking about going in to?
Will be going back to a smaller boat, something in the 23-25' range. Really like something like the North River offshore or sounder would be great but that's going to be out of my price range. We are selling our current house and going to be building a new one so I will be boat less (after current boat sells) for a year or two. That will give me time to do some research before deciding which way to go. Really like my current boat, lots of under deck storage, can fish all way around, 24degree v bottom rides but at 31' it's little hard to handle on my own at the docks.
I am also thinking of building my own boat, like a Specmar,Cope etc kit boat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic