CQAC - Redfisher

Introduce yourself here
Redfisher

CQAC - Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

New BC member to the site after lurking for a few years. Currently own a 23 1/2 CQAC (a defunct BC company that built some guide boats for Oak Bay Marine Group). Mine was the last one built, but was a project as it was cut out when the company went under and was assembled and painted up most interestingly. It is a great riding boat but.....I am suffering from 2 foot itis and am looking into having a larger hull and cabin built with the intention of finishing it myself.
welder
Site Admin

Re: CQAC - Redfisher

Post by welder »

Welcome aboard Capt.
Do you have any manufactures picked out to start your build?
and do you have pics of your boat now?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Re: CQAC - Redfisher

Post by kmorin »

Redfisher, just a reminder of what you know already: 2' of hull and some added cabin are not really that big a project for the average welded aluminum hull?

So a new build- that's great and nothing is as much fun as taking white page and beginning a totally new design. But.... just saying you've got a huge percentage of what's needed already in hand- plastique, dead plants and other building materials don't stretch or modify as well as aluminum does- and its surely true you may have some dimensions that don't lend themselves to a hull modification? But, just a reminder that the boat's lines and build may lend themselves to a much less expensive mod over a new build?

cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic