new here Steve currentely prepareing for cruiseing the Gulf for a few days.

Introduce yourself here
Steve the Brain

Post by Steve the Brain »

I've been fabbing a bunch of brackets, shelves ect. for restore that started 11 months ago. all where made of aluimin by me.

Gotta love the tin.
STB
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: new here Steve currentely prepareing for cruiseing the Gulf for a few days.

Post by Chaps »

can't see your pictures steve
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Steve the Brain

Re: new here Steve currentely prepareing for cruiseing the Gulf for a few days.

Post by Steve the Brain »

Hello and thanks for the welcome I’m presumeing that I will really like this website.

As said previously written I am still working on my smallish crusier restore. The major stuff engine/mounting sys/steering/trim/controls/electricalNAV/fueling/oiling/anchor sys. Bilge/Livewell sys.s ect. are all ship/shape.

I’ve completed 4 shakedown runs on the smooth lake waters, an 2 runs in the Chocwahackee Bay and 2 runs in the GOM (all being a full day of mixture cruiseing sieghtseeing,trolling & WOT runs) speedwise she preformed as I expected just over 52knots at 5500RPM (the reprop. Was a significant improvement however I’m disappointed it her becoming unstable at top speed.

I do relize when Starcraft designed this hull it wasn’t intended to be propelled this fast

Hopefully there will be some advice on stabilizing her at WOT maybe planner plates or engine dolphin fins for the cavitation plates will help?

I’ve been told that the dolphin fins attached to the engine will interfere w/ steering ease?

Anyway I’m not really sure if I quailify as a Capt. Even though I prefer to be refered to as a Capt. (this coming from folks that know about the boat).

I have well over the 96 hours the USCG requires for a operaters license, which I believe I already have from the State for Alabamas vessel license.

I have 100 hours per month x 20 months =2000 hours under my boating belt
Over about 11 year’s in Bay/GOM waters so this is ruff waters however all this experience was in a 15’ aluimin deep V 25HP tiller runabout.

Now I’ve stepped up to a 22’cruiser which now w/ engine POD is actually 24’

CS
Attachments
at dock.jpg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic