Black Lab Marine LLC ?

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
Occams Razor
Your location: Rhode Island

Black Lab Marine LLC ?

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All !

Checked Jay's site today and it posted a news post that BLM has been aquired by Welded boats in Texas. Jay will be in charge of sales under VP title. New dealership to be moving closer to the Boston North Shore area. I hope this will help the future of Alloy boats in our futures. Way to go Jay. I wish you great luck in you new endevors....
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Re: Black Lab Marine LLC ?

Post by S L Dave »

Best wishes Jay!
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Jay I know you will be successful in all you do. Wishing you and your family nothing but the best.

Regards
Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

as a matter of fact, I was watching something, or read something that refered too.....

OCCAMS RAZOR. (like a place or thing...)

What is it? And what does it mean?

And in reality why have we never seen a photo of such boat? I mean Occams Razor's boat.... :?:

Just something that had me saying, "Hmmmm"
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hey Jetty:

Take that alloy past the breakwater yet or are you still playing in the back yard ? How you been buddy.....got that info off of Jay's site. I don't know if it just got listed yesterday or what . Just thought everyone here would like to know.

You guys inform me of how to post photos here and I will be glad to post photos. Tin Cup has seen my alloy . You are welcome to come up east and do some chasin with us !
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Occams Razor

Minimalist William Ockham theory of most things being overthought.

hence today has been twisted into the simplest way is usually the best way more time times than not.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Occams Razor wrote:Occams Razor

Minimalist William Ockham theory of most things being overthought.

hence today has been twisted into the simplest way is usually the best way more time times than not.

Okay...Maybe I'll Google it. I take it that Bill Ockham came up with a theory, and that's what he called it?
Occams Razor?

I got shet loads of theories. But I don't name them.... :roll: Maybe I should. I usually write them down too in my 1200 words a day I do, one way or another.

Yeah I read all that on Jay's site too. The day it came back into being. Since it was lost there for a bit.

I have zero interest really in offshore trolling or bottom fishing. Ya'll can tell that. Did it plenty for over 10 years straight. It's many times a whole lot tougher to get the inshore groove on because of our conditions/tides/ winds etc. Versus offshore fishing where 1/2 the battle is just getting to where the fish are.
I like actually fishing 2 minutes from the dock. Versus 2 hrs.
Alot easier to make a living too.

Googled:

Occam's razor or Ockham's razor, attributed to 14th-century English logician and Franciscan friar, William of Ockham is the principle that "entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily" or, popularly applied, "when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better."

This principle became known as Occam's (or Ockham's) Razor or the law of parsimony.

14th century huh? Okay that explains the whole deal.....it was back when human's were still figuring out how to be "people".
I GET IT, NOW!

PHOTOS:

Ya mean ya haven't figured it out yet? You're a technician right? It's so EZ a dumb ole fisherman can figure it out, I bet you can.

Take photo with digital camera
upload it to say......"your documents", photos
Join Photobucket. ITS FREE!!!
Read explore and add your pics to your Photobucket, page.
EVEN use Photobuckets "resizer" when up loading from your compters documents.
Select sizes. (usually smaller than what you camera took since NO ONE ever changes the size with in their own camera to take smaller better quality photos.)

Come to AAB.com.....after thorough investigation. Levels determined by literacy of computing skills via these NON-OCCAMS RAZOR MACHINES CALLED COMPUTERS. (IF YOU'ER USING A ""MAC"" RATHER THAN A PC, YA MAY ALREADY BE BETTER OFF)

also open PHOTOBUCKET.com
write post, and while doing so and wanting to add a photo, stop and look at your photos at photo bucket....there's a three lettered word, "IMG" under each small thumbnail size photo, CLICK ON THE "img" and it will "COPY", ya know like copy and paste?????

Come back to AAB.com, paste into your post.

always GO SLOW, and always "preview" your post prior to submission, or you'll have to hit the EDIT button.....like I do.

Daddy-O did an whole deal of ""how to"" in the welcome forum a year ago?
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Jetty......... breath..... right nostril in, left nostril out........repeat after me "Gooosefraba" :grin: After all the "kiss System" is your mantra. A rather complex definition for a simplistic meaning :banghead: . I like the moniker Occams Razor sooo post pictures up please.

Regards

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

problem was I heard it used in a song on the TV, or somewhere and can't remember.

I suppose the 21st century conclusion of such old theory would be "Keep it simple stupid", so I believe OccamsRazor here on AAB needs to change or up date his code name too......"Kiss".

we'll see, when we see a photo posted. I've only been hinting in about 10 posts, before he caught me.

opps :oops:
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

The movie Contact with Jodie Foster has references to Occam's Razor. The medical Tv show House uses that term as well as the character Grissom in CSI. (Carolmizers tv shows she likes medical and forensic blood and guts.) I think it's the nurse in her. :roll:

This post is about one of our favorite Alloy dealerships and a concern for one of the men behind the history of Pacificskiffs.
Though I do believe this post should be moved from the fishing forums. I for one can understand chasing Tuna from here to kingdom come. It is all about the hunt and challenge for the fish. Offshore has alot of intricacies as well as inshore fishing.

Humbly
mark
2325 WA Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Jetty:

All this politically correct stuff nowadays made me think twice about using stupid. Must be my work ethic ; )

I agree about the inshore fishing, varies greatly upon circumstances. I am all about "wheres the meat ! "

I fish to put fish in the freezer and on the table. Do I have fun ...yes that comes with it .

Occams Razor......I have used the term for years, especially being so involved with mechanical stuff. Not a day goes buy without me seing something that was done some way when a simpler way would have been just as good. As the Theory lends its origin that in most case the most simplistic way or thought would in most cases led one to the very same end or means.

My hull Pacific 26cc is the very essence of the theory hence her name. No frills , no fluff and very basic. Being such it suffers from nearly zero flaws.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Lately......since the Clinton Era actually, I'm like an American Indian......I subsistance fish.
Or maybe don't eat my favorite food. FISH.

So I too am about what I call "BOX" fish.I fish for my limit, given to me by the state of Fla. although under duress.
"Meat" is what Mojo puts on the grill while Carolmizer makes mashed taters, to go with. To me.

Yep...wonderful thing about posts is how they wander about. No Jay..."post will wander". My "Seminole" name means;
"great forum wanderer" by the way.

Answer me one question and then we can go back to pondering the restructuring of BLM (which no one has a clue about....)

"did ya read how to post a photo", which I spent a long time authoring and trying to keep K.I.S.S. like???
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Jetty:

Yes i did and I will get to it soon. I have plenty of photos ......thank you for the info Jettymaster....
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Jetty Obiwon wolf Kanobi , with his glass Sabor and the Force of T-rout Zilla at his side.................. :thumbsup:

Occam, while your making a post here , Type your message and before you hit submit, scroll down just a little and hit the , Upload Attachment Tap , then click Browse , find your picture [ You will be in your own Computer ] then just click the buttons to load it .

When you think it should be there click Preview to make sure , Then hit Submit when you like it.

:thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All:

You asked for Occams Razor ....here she is..
Attachments
285593-R1-14-13A_015 (800x540).jpg
285593-R1-14-13A_015 (800x540).jpg (150.21 KiB) Viewed 9510 times
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Virgin Alloy , Yea Baby .............

:highfive:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Wow she sure is exact and to the point. Those twenty sixes sure look long and roomy. Nice job Occams Razor Brad. I have been searching too, to find a pic of the 980 Slob. Seems alot of silence is going around.

Thanks for posting the pic of your boat.............. more pictures please :grin:

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Welder:

I think that Photo was taken a week after she was delivered. I ran her with no reg the first weekend or so. So she had been in the water a few times when this was taken. Use it and rinse it off.... no better boat in my opinion. Some ride better, some look fancier but none fish better or clean up as easy. Use it alone most of the time , launch it alone and pull it out alone.
I think it would be more problematic with a 26 Regulator and about 100 thousand more .
Those guys that just took the giant in the regulator....had to tow that thing 17 miles back in at slow speed. I have nearly twice the deck space and a Tuna door that you could have slid that bad boy rite in with a block and tackle. I don't know but it just makes more sense to me to keep things simple.
That photo is my favorite because of the way the lines look. It looks really sharp angled. That's what people see when you come planing buy. Now I know why the stare at it so much.
NUKE

Post by NUKE »

Jetty ,as a Mod must you Hijack every thread and make it about you or something that you think matters ? .... Just wondering out loud .... O Razor That's a Dandy ride you have there , I like the Minimalist thing , I get it !

But seriously folks this thread was about BLM , GOOD LUCK Jay ! we all appreciate the work you have done to advance Alloy Boat construction in the United States of America . Wish you much success in your future ventures .

Nuke out !
NUKE
dave
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Your location: Riverview, FL

Post by dave »

That is one serious fishing machine. Very nice big simple(Occams Razor) boat.
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10
Your location: Mid Coast Maine

Post by aluminumdreamer »

Unrelated to the original topic, but that boat looks fast just sitting there. What a no nonsense fishing machine! Awesome. :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

OR,

That photo makes "my" boat hull look like a stealth missle. You're boat too! :thumbsup: (26 CC)

It looks brand new, for sure, not many Merit Badges, YET.

Is it just a standard CC?? Can't tell much from the pic.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

NUKE wrote:Jetty ,as a Mod must you Hijack every thread and make it about you or something that you think matters ? .... Just wondering out loud .... O Razor That's a Dandy ride you have there , I like the Minimalist thing , I get it !

But seriously folks this thread was about BLM , GOOD LUCK Jay ! we all appreciate the work you have done to advance Alloy Boat construction in the United States of America . Wish you much success in your future ventures .

Nuke out !

As a infrequent constructive poster, must you always be so negative?
Just wondering out loud...... "you don't like me, and I can deal with it" and the feeling is becoming the same.
It's Funny that this thread wasn't authored by you.

I'm thinking of becoming an LLC.
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Welder:

Sorry I have not checked this post in awhile. It is a very basic layout . I worked with Jay and he was so accommodating .

Love that guy ! Ask this and no problem....

Anyhow I saw a 26 for sale in New Jersey . I loved the layout but it had a Evinrude on it so I decided I would just go new.

So I aked Jay how that hull was layed out and he exsplained that the center was moved 27" foward to center the console.

So I asked to have the very same thing done. Then the only other major besides the Tuna door was the fordeck.

I wanted the fordeck to be usefull for casting but I did not want it all the way to to top of the gunnel. So we layed it out dropped down about 8" is guess and made it full size but without the step. I wanted the door at the front too because I fish in some nasty conditions and water would just get in the fordeck all the time.

My gunnels are open for storage and eveything is layed out to just be easy to rinse out and put away. Keep it all simple a feasably possible.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Just like mine, without the storage box and alloy windshield, I assume. My console was moved to exact center. I have ball room fishing for 4 in my stern. I LOVE IT!!!!

I'm seriously thinking about a manual windshield wiper for our rainy season.
MY%20BOAT%20at%20Tom's-1.jpg
MY%20BOAT%20at%20Tom's-1.jpg (26.07 KiB) Viewed 9175 times
The chair's for when I'm out lazy fishing....which ain't too often.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic