Different Days...Different Results

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
Capt. G

Different Days...Different Results

Post by Capt. G »

I had charters on Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. On Saturday the bite was a slow pick at best. I had to go south of the BE to finally get on a halfway respectable bite and even then I was not happy with the catch rate. The NW wind started to pick up around 1000 and by 1230 being 28 miles from home we decided to pull the plug. A long slow ride home but we made it safe and sound. Ended the day with 20 pollack and 18 cod...at least it wasn't a skunk.

Sunday, we headed to the south again. First stop we marked huge amount of fish but couldn't get a bite. After 20 minutes we steamed south. Machine lites up in the middle of nowhere and we get on a great bite of market cod with no other boats in site. Bite lasts for about an hour and we put 20 cod and 15 pollack in the box.

Radio chatter indicated a decent bite starting to the east around 1000 so we decided to take a look. Great cod and pollack bite. Pollack on top and cod on the bottom. We filled out our cod limit and chased pollack around to finish the day. Ended up cutting 160 lbs of fillet for the 3 guys. This is more like it!!

I really didnt want to run this charter in the morning because of the previous day's poor fishing and the pending forecast of strong NW winds again. I have learned though that every day the fishing is is different and the weatherman can be wrong ( it was perfect day on the water as the NW didnt start until 1530 and when we were on the dock). It looks like a new slug of fish has come on the bank so the games continue!

A full report may be read HERE
Capt. G
21ftcc
Donator '09

Re: Different Days...Different Results

Post by 21ftcc »

Capt G.

Awesome job! I went out Monday to find less then prefect conditions 1 foots and only a little wind. Left Rye around 0730 with only one other. We headed E-SE to see the fleet and no fish what so ever. We then headed SE just within view of the twin lights and Rockport. We found market cod and haddock. Came home with 32+ haddock and 15 cod, 5 cusk, 1 wolffish.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

21ftcc that sounds like a pretty good day :thumbsup:
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

I will be heading out soon again after this little rain storm. I need to get a few trips in before summer classes start. I would love to find some pollack. I think I will need to leave out of the Gloucester next time.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

The bank was covered up in pollock last week. Otta be real interesting if they are still there when "charlie" shows up :mrgreen:
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Nice!

Out on the West coast the cudas (up to 12lbs)have finally shown up from what I hear. Many people don't like eating them...I have no idea why. Of course, when I lived back east, I couldn't understand why people didn't like to eat bluefish.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Dave, some of us have Taste Buds.

:rotfl:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

DAMN....look at those handle bars used to catch them fishez.

holy crap Batman, I think ya could knock em out wit those.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic