Places to shop...

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Places to shop...

Post by S L Dave »

I started to reply on another thread about Charkbait, but I thought I would start a new thread to see what are the best places to get gear.

I like to always support the local guy. So my favorites for good deals and friendly service are:

Mako Matts - Huntington Beach, CA
Pacific Edge - Huntington Beach, CA
Charkbait - Huntington Beach, CA
(These guys are all within 2 miles of my house.)

In upstate NY the best of the best of THE BEST...
Seneca Marine!!! bait, tackle, guns, and boats - www.senecamarine.com (check out some of the pics in the "honor roll" section...some great fishing and hunting!)
I had a problem with my motor a couple of years ago...the owner made the trip to my house...got the Yahama started (He is a Merc dealer)...and didn't take a dime..."bring her down to winterize in October!" was all he said. that is not the first time he didn't charge me either. I had since bought a 16' Crestliner from him for fishing the big lakes.

Where do you guys shop?
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Any where there's a sale or I have a coupon, Dave.
But most of my stuff comes off the world wide web. Always scanning for deals. And I deal with my sponsors. Pure fishing, G.Loomis, Accurate....

And my local bait shop....B&M bait and tackle, and the Strike Zone, which is our fishing super store here in J-ville.

I've been watching charkbait for years and years...and just happened on there and saw the whole Jigging topic on the forum.

I thought of YOU, as soon as I got done drolling over the Lucanus jig web site, by Shimano....and watching the Youtube video. (I think I posted the link to it somewhere here or you can see it at, www.Lucanusjig.com)
Braid is also making the slow cold water jig now too.
Soon everyone will be making something similar.

I'm one for always trying new stuff, and hunting exciting ways of fishing. Half the fun for me is doing new stuff, since day in day out I do alot of the same with customers. But when I'm out solo or with a friend, it's all out R&D.

Taking it all in with everyday fishing experience, I still learn from manufactures as they try and sell me. I'm a tackle junkie and buy then try if I don't like it, I discount and then sell it off and chock it up to a new experience.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic