Dirty Boat Photos

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
amfboats
Sponsor

Dirty Boat Photos

Post by amfboats »

I am always showing clean boats, here are some photos from a couple of months ago when we got the demo boat dirty, unfortunately we don't do this nearly enough!

We got off to a late start as there wasn't any plan to go fishing this day. The weather was fantastic so I rang my mate and my brother in law. Neither of them had fishing gear. I had to go pick up the boat and the gear from three different locations and pick up the car from a night out , so very late getting on the water.

At the very least I was chasing the hour before change of tide and we made that!

In all the fuss I forgot my GPS Locations notebook. I haven't fished this boat before. So decided to go to some landmarks close by I knew of for a drift fish. We fished for half an hour and nothing, so decided to head out but back towards port. I was on a course to a depth of water I wanted to try. A charter boat was ahead of me with a lure out the back. so I stopped, I said oh well might as well throw the lines over here while we wait for the other boat to pass.

We put the lines down and all three reels went off, pulled them up and got snapper. So I marked the spot. We carried on drifting nothing more was caught. So we headed back up to above the mark, this time we were maybe max 50mtrs further out and we caught good size blue cod, again all three reels at once then nothing. The next run was 50mtrs inland of the mark and again all three reels but this time gurnard. So we consistently caught the fish every run except for my grumpy South African mate who ad a dry run for a couple of runs. Told him the fish can sense the grumpy old sod on the other end of the line. We even swapped rods and then positions for him but no could only mean he was too grumpy.

So this very little reef has turned out to be a great little spot very close to port. I guess great for a mrginal day or maybe a good spot to take the kids on a super fine day.
New Crew learning to wash the boat, common law brother inlaw hiding from having his photo taken.
New Crew learning to wash the boat, common law brother inlaw hiding from having his photo taken.
IMG_6923 [].JPG (92.68 KiB) Viewed 5396 times
Cant hide from the camera on a slippery foredeck
Cant hide from the camera on a slippery foredeck
IMG_6924 [].JPG (44.21 KiB) Viewed 5396 times
Blue cod, Snaper and Gurnard
Blue cod, Snaper and Gurnard
IMG_6927 [].JPG (53.23 KiB) Viewed 5396 times
Kids lined up for some eye ball touching.
Kids lined up for some eye ball touching.
IMG_6929 [].JPG (70.96 KiB) Viewed 5396 times
More of the bin
More of the bin
IMG_6931 [].JPG (98.57 KiB) Viewed 5396 times
Filleting the Snapper
Filleting the Snapper
IMG_6932 [].JPG (77.59 KiB) Viewed 5396 times
Maggie, Henry and Dotti Checking out a Snapper
Maggie, Henry and Dotti Checking out a Snapper
IMG_6934 [].JPG (47.2 KiB) Viewed 5396 times
amfboats
Sponsor

Re: Dirty Boat Photos

Post by amfboats »

We took Henry fishing on a wharf while on holiday when he was two, he caught a fish and was stoked so much so that every time in the last two years we drive past people fishing he wants to go fishing, So we bought Maggie a cheap little wharf rod too and shot down to the town marina to go fishing in the river. Henry "Tin Bum" was catching Yellow Eye Mullet one after another and Maggie wasn't doing too bad either. Henry said " I don't know why but I just keep catching fish!"

Man alive I was busy baiting untangling lines making traces and making sure they didn't fall in the water. I did have them in life jackets.

The cat ate well that week.
IMG_6544a.jpg
IMG_6544a.jpg (259.97 KiB) Viewed 5394 times
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Sure beats work, eh? Are all those fish white meat? They sure look tasty! Cute kids you have there. It won't be long and you will have some go to deck hands. :thumbsup:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

Sure does beat work, the fish are all white flesh, there is an endless argument on the best fish, some swear by Snapper and others by Bluecod. Personally I cant go past Snapper ohhhh laa laa but all three in fish bin are good eating fish.

Yeah great kids Maggie is full of energy and will give anything ago, Henry gives it deep thought and does it well in his own time.I will take them for a sea fish soon but I will go with my dad so we have an experienced crew with such young and precious cargo. I was probably more like 10 before dad would take us out of here.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

"Man alive I was busy baiting untangling lines making traces and making sure they didn't fall in the water."

you for git wiping noses??

Now ya know what I do with adults each trip. That's why I HAVE too make the big bucks.
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

You must have patience of a saint. Well I think a man shouldn't turn his hobbie into a job, keep the fun stuff fun! Yeah no arguments taking people fishing is hard work, they just don't think about the whole picture until you train a good crew.

I am completely grateful that my rugrats are no snot gobblers, and very rarely do they need nose wipes, and they actually like to wipe their own nose any way. Phew! very cool :joecool:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I got fired from that 9-5 job....many moons ago.

kids are out of school, now. So here they come.
Kelper

Post by Kelper »

I scrub the blood off of my boat a few times a year. Otherwise, it's pretty bad!
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I know you posted it for us to say..............what the hell is all that stuff on that boat.

Ya look like a mini-center console Florida shrimp boat!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic