WCVI Aug.27/28 2011

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
Sculpin

WCVI Aug.27/28 2011

Post by Sculpin »

Fished the weekend with my son/first mate Jake and my buddy. It was Jakes first trip out on the Sculpin since the overhaul. Fished Saturday and was a gorgeus day out there. We missed the early bite and got razzed by by a few guys over it ha ha.

We still managed a few fish and Jake out fished both us old guys and had a great day!

A 26 lber.

and a 29 lber.

Fished plugs all day with the 602 tubby being the hottest. All around 47 to 60 feet deep.

Jigged for hali's as well and picked up a couple of chickens.

Sunday was a grind to get out in the fog and swell. Jake didn't feel very well and slept through most of the fishing. My buddy caught a 28 lber on a regular 602 at 60 feet and lost a couple of other nice fish. We caught and released a half dozen wild coho as well. Only fished for about 2.5 hours and headed in early.

Cheers,

Sculpin
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: WCVI Aug.27/28 2011

Post by AlloyToy »

Nice work :thumbsup:
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

AlloyToy wrote:Nice work :thumbsup:
Thanks AlloyToy. I just dropped off both of Jake's "white" springs to St. Jean's cannery for 1/2 regular canned and the other half peppercorn indian candied!!! mmmmm.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Saturday looked great at your location. Glad to see the first mate smiling. Down in the States they discontinued Scopace in the pill form.

Was in Westport on Sunday and it was calling for it to be rougher than it was. By two it was glass and sunning; 2 kings and 2 hatchery Coho for the Boat. I was supposed to take Two Soldiers from the Wounded Warrior's Battalion from Fort Lewis fishing. I took one out "Matt"; Keven was felling poorly from the trip he took the day before. Got our limits of 1 coho and 1 King each.. Matt Has a bad back as one of his injuries. I forgot to ask and he did not say till we took a couple of drop offs. The air rides helped but the 22 mph was slowed down to 16 to glide over the waves. 25 miles out to where the kings where around at 350 feet. I have not had much luck using the Plugs there. I did catch a coho on the surface with one in herring colors.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

I haven't tried the patch with him yet because it says something about being 18 years old to use it? This is just what a quickly read about it on the internet. He's a tough SOB boy. Never complains, just pukes, goes to sleep, and if the fishing is hot is right back out there fine as can be :joecool: . I have had some of my guys that work for me out before and all they do is complain and wine until I finally take them in but they don't actually get sick or anything.

That 602 plug is a weird one to me as it doesn't look like a fish at all. Very bright colours similar to the Wonderbread spoon (which also works like a hot damn in our area). My buddy actual found that tubby plug in the mouth of a nice spring salmon about three years ago out on the South bank. It had broke off of someone earlier and was still barely alive. He drove up to it and netted it. At least he got a salmon and a free plug that he knows fishes well :thumbsup: .

Glad to hear your getting out there goatram and wacking some fish for the freezer. We averaged 15 mph on Sunday with 2.5 meter seas and fog. I hate that crap but you gotta do what you gotta do. We should have headed into the Alberni canal (about an hour drive) and hit the sunshine and lot's of action all weekend. Live and learn.

Cheers
John
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

John Take him to your Doc and ask for the pill or the patch. If the 4 mg dose pill is available in Canada get it. The patch works for 72 hrs and the pill wears off in 8. A little cotton mouth that water (which we all need to drink more of while out there) will take care of it.

Jake is a fisherman that needs a little help that's all. Glad to hear that he can answer the call when needed.
PUKE and RALLY is a good Battle Call :highfive:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic