Mission Accomplished

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Mission Accomplished

Post by AlloyToy »

Had the opportunity to take a great friend and his daughter Jenn whom just graduated as a Marine from Camp Lejeune NC fishing before she left for her one year of training.

Plan was to hopefully find ourselves a bass or two in the small fishing window that we had. Arrived at Block's SE corner to find acres of alligator blues everywhere. Figured I would tire out their arms so out came the wire outfits and the shad frames and in minutes both my son and Jenn were tight. Kids catching fish, big smiles they didn't care what was on the other end :thumbsup: Could have been an old boot :rotfl:

After a half dozen blues each and a lot of damaged gear :mrgreen: we hauled the frames in and re-rigged them for Bass. Headed to the SW corner after speaking with a charter capt. on the radio. They were getting a few bass.

Arrived at the SW side of the island and once again set up our spread. We worked the peaks slow trolling 2.5-3.0 mph with no results accept blues :banghead: With time running out I figured our last shot at a bass would be the north rip using live eels :idea:

Boogied to the north end and decided that we would fish two rods because of the way the rip was running.....nasty :!: :shocked:

First drop with the slimy serpents and my buddy is tight.....buddy plays the fish in the sloppy conditions and the fight is showing all the characteristics of a bass. I quickly grab the net and boat a healthy 35" 18 pound striper :thumbsup:

Fished more but the eels could not make it past the blues even with 12 oz lead. Came tight with another bass about the same size but it spit the hook :banghead:

Highlight of the trip was seeing a very large Mako feeding on the bluefish in 29 feet of water right off SE light :shocked: There were divers in the water in the area as well :shocked:

Made our run back to Pt Judith with one bass to show for our efforts, but the sore arms and the laughter from the stories we shared OTW made for one awesome fishing trip :beer:
Attachments
jenn.JPG
jenn.JPG (138.9 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
jenn2.JPG
jenn2.JPG (114.12 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
se light.JPG
se light.JPG (247.31 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
jacob.JPG
jacob.JPG (20.39 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
tom.JPG
tom.JPG (30.34 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
jenn jacob.JPG
jenn jacob.JPG (171.3 KiB) Viewed 6171 times
Last edited by AlloyToy on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Re: Mission Accomplished

Post by Sabs28 »

NICE :thumbsup: :highfive:
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Looks like you had a good trip. Well done!
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Nice report. Way to go getting your buddy and his daughter onto some fish :thumbsup:
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

good report of some good fishing. :thumbsup:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Ohhhhhh, I'd love to see a shark like that eating BIG oil tankers.
Great story ALLOY.

I can tell that gal is a Marine, she's in "short pants". That means she's TOUGH. I likes that.
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Post by Challenge »

Nice fish John. sounds like a great day. You guys should have taken a shot at the Mako!

I need a bigger boat.

Please be sure to thank your friend and his daughter for her service. :clap:

Rick
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Challenge wrote:Nice fish John. sounds like a great day. You guys should have taken a shot at the Mako!

I need a bigger boat.

Please be sure to thank your friend and his daughter for her service. :clap:

Rick
Hey Rick,

Still got my eyes on the look out for some alloy for you :thumbsup: I tried to get a pic by slowly working my way to the mako but it sounded when i got about 30 yards from it. Talked to "Rebel" River Rebel Charters and he saw it later that day on the north end of the island......

I will text her your wishes :beer:
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Awesome.......... Great friends, kids both young and old, Catching fish and telling stories on a boat of your own. Does not get any better than that :thumbsup:

Shaking hands and thanking every person in a uniform I can. Thank You Jenn :highfive:

Bet bluefish makes great Mako Bait
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic