Seabass & Tog

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Seabass & Tog

Post by AlloyToy »

Had a few hours to kill so I headed up to one of the rock piles off Narragansett :thumbsup:

After a couple attempts I got the boat anchored up and in position over the productive bottom I have fished in the past.
Sent my first "greenie" down and tap.....tap tap......tap tap tap! Slam! Rod bent over and shortly after a health 15" tog came over the Side :thumbsup: This action continued for two hours with a combination of Tog and Seabass to 4 pounds :thumbsup: All the tog were just shy of the Rec 16" size limit, and all were released back to the depths below.

I will admit I lost a slammer tog after getting a few cranks on him....just couldn't horse him out of the rocks and he broke off :skillet:

Pulled the plug and headed back into the harbor to fillet fish, and enjoy the sunset while sipping an ice cold Sam Oktoberfest :beer:
Attachments
seabass.JPG
seabass.JPG (175.84 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
tog.JPG
tog.JPG (55.95 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: Seabass & Tog

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Big Seabastards! that's some good eats, ALLOY.

What's ya'lls limit on them?

Here in Tree-hugger land they're messing with the limits and openeing and closing the season like I do the refrig door.
One day they bass are open, next it's closed. And now the size is 12" at 5 per person. FIVE :?: :?: :?:

Hell I can eat TEN at one shot myself. I guess the atlantic fisheries council doesn't eat fish to live. But I do. So my ritual of going out on a foggy day in the winter to fill a basket is over. Where all we'd use is super LT, light tackle trout tackle to bottom fish with and have fun.

F-U-N...its harder to have these days, cuz 1/2 of it is when they're on my plate with a cold PBR. Sammy's are not in my budget.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Black sea bass

13"

June 15 - Dec 31

15 fish/person/day

Tonight's dinner pan crusted in Panko crumbs.......side of slaw, and a cold Sammy
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Damn....... this is "tree hugger" Seabass country! :banghead: :banghead:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic