LAST TRIP FO RTHE YEAR-2007

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

LAST TRIP FO RTHE YEAR-2007

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Late November, Blackfishing off of Fishers Island, NY had red hot tog action on green crabs in 25' to 35' of water, slow start, then in an hour & a half we limited out with the three of us.

Cody had a real wopper or two...
Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Marty, that is a mess of fillets , whats the texture and taste of that fish ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

COOKING FISH CHINESE STYLE

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

welder wrote:Marty, that is a mess of fillets , whats the texture and taste of that fish ?
Blackfish or "TOGS" are white flakey meat. We probably cook it much different from most who filet and fry or broil the filets.

My Chinese wife take a whole fish with the head on and steams it for 10-minutes . Then takes the semi-cooked whole thing and puts it on a deep dish oval plate, she puts her Chinese cooking wine in the dish a 1/2" deep then she put a thick caoting of Chinese hot red pepper paste on top of the body, sprinkles on fresh chopped garlic and ginger then she put it in the microwave for 8-minutes. It comes out moist and smelling great, take a set of chop sticks and push the skin off to the side and grab a chunk of meat, dip it in the dish sauce and UM, UM, UM its the best way to cooke Striped Bass, Sea Bas, Blackfish or fluke. I am taking some fish out for dinner now that you just got me hungry. :D :D :D :D :D Marty
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

So I guess you've never deep fried them in peanut oil, after being tossed around in some Lousiana fish fry corn meal mix. Then made up a big bowl of hush puppies with some vidalia onions, & fried them.

Add some jumbo shrimp onto the grill, along with some salty oysters and poured yerself a cold beer, while someone sliced up some juicey tomatoes?

-now dis is a Bubba Burger!

The tomatoes are just there to counter act the heart attack you'll have from all that fried fish! :lol:
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

JETTYWOLF wrote:So I guess you've never deep fried them in peanut oil, after being tossed around in some Lousiana fish fry corn meal mix. Then made up a big bowl of hush puppies with some vidalia onions, & fried them.

Add some jumbo shrimp onto the grill, along with some salty oysters and poured yerself a cold beer, while someone sliced up some juicey tomatoes?

-now dis is a Bubba Burger!

The tomatoes are just there to counter act the heart attack you'll have from all that fried fish! :lol:
Stop it! Your making me hungry to go get some fresh fish and do it up...SOunds great! Is it spring yet???? Marty
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Why Can't I see the Pics....Just Red X's???

Post by AlloyToy »

Tog fishing is a blast, sounds like a great finish to the year
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

opppps, I keep forgetting its deep winter for alot of you folks, and that I fish any day of the week, and call it too cold when I can't just wear slickers over me shorts.

Summer here sucks....so you'll be able to post pics of Charlies and Rockfish, and I'll be wishin I could find my fish (big Trout) in the hot salty water.

I remember that chapter when Tred moved south...that was a good one.
-something about sight fishing the Cobia on the Rays off the beach...?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic