Fluke & Seabass

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Fluke & Seabass

Post by AlloyToy »

Fished the annual "Fluke till ya Puke" tourney for our fourth year with my youngest son. Fished along the south shore shoals and up the east side for a steady pick of fluke, and slammer sea bass. Son was high hooker out fishing dad 3:1 with our 4 rod spread. Drift was a constant N/NW most of the morning. Fished squid strips on my hand tied spinner rigs and sweetened the offering with a shot of bunker oil. Although we didn't place on the board we still came home with two large bags of fillets, and some memories of another great fishing trip for father's day :thumbsup:

Last edited by AlloyToy on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Re: Fluke & Seabass

Post by Sabs28 »

Nice :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Are they Flukes or Flounda's?
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

I like the lonely scup of to the right. Tasty
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I thought that other lil' fish was a Ringtailed Porgie. That's what we have here that's similar. Tiny litl mouths, and a TERROR to all live shrimp anglers.

LIKE ME!

We have so many lit shet-fish! That's why I'm fascinated with Lake Pontchartrain. I never see them catch many shet-fish...I mean real TOILET bowl fish, like the Atlantic side of Florida has.

I wanna be a ANTI- Atlantic'ite.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

capesteve wrote:I like the lonely scup of to the right. Tasty
He was suppose to go back down for a Stripa :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Moved this from "sitting on the dock" to here: Cuz I know you'd never see it there....

its 95 degrees.....and it's not July yet. It needs to be July here, so all the tourists that were sweating at home in Washehegan, come down here to sweat a little more for vacation purposes. And because they're on vacation, expect the fish to jump in the boat! I tell them, you're doing it all backwards.

"FALL/WINTER/SPRING" - looks like you made the right call.

I don't know how they do it in deeper south Florida. Damn it's hot down there in july, August, Sept...

Oh yes I do. They get in small Bikini's, and go fishing, then "frolic" for bikini photo shoot, for Peezer's website.

Heck, I just saw (TODAY) you passed me by again, for a ride on the Frankie boat. Yep, J-ville is the red headed step child, AGAIN, I guess.
(we have SHEEPSHEAD, here. But you'll Never Ever see them circling the boat.) Maybe that's why no one comes by here???

Jay Perotta came here, and let me drive the RS 34 for a 1/2 day. GOTCHA :gunner2: :gunner2:

Even Pete from Brisbane AU was supposed to come on by....but never did. All he did was TRY to prank me on the phone one morning. (Yeah it was you wasn't it Pete?)
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Capt. Dave I promise before I die I will fish on your boat.....how else am I gonna find out about those flat weights you bounce along the aggravated bottom :thumbsup: Problem is I'll have my youngest son with us and he's gonna school the boat on how to fish :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Fishing continues to be great when we can get out. Bite started off slow in the morning but as the salt pond began to empty out the bite turned read hot. Unfortunately we ran out of time and had to head to the barn.......came home with 10 nice keeper fluke largest was 7 pounds. At one point both my son and I had keeper fish on, and the dead stick went off too with another keeper :thumbsup: Love catching these guys.... :clap:
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

where are you fishing Buzzards Bay?
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

capesteve wrote:where are you fishing Buzzards Bay?
South facing beaches West of Point Judith
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Launched the boat at 6:00 AM for a quick half day trip with my son. While I was parking he quickly made bait by catching about 15 snapper blues perfect fluke bait!! We also brought along some squid for the offerings. We each fished a rod and rigged the "dead stick" with the live bait, clicker on and drag set loose :thumbsup: drop the live bait down zzzz.......zz.....zzzzzzzzzz fish on first keeper fluke bled and on ice it went. This continued for about two hours and we quickly had 5 keepers in the box. Live bait out-fished the squid 7:1 :clap: We ended the day with those 5 keeper and two nice seabass....headed into the harbor to clean the fish while having a cold one and take a quick dip before heading home for a fish fry :beer:

Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Post by Challenge »

Nice job John! :thumbsup: where did you launch and where did U find them? I've only been out of the pond for a few minutes this summer, kinda sad! :banghead:
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Hey Rick.....get out there man!!! You can get snappers right in the channel in quonnie at the first red can heading north....was down there Sat night and my son got some for fun fishin....

Fluke were in 55 feet of water about a mile otta the west gap of Point Judith....feel that we did OK as those we spoke to at the ramp had lots of shorts and maybe one keeper.....

Big baits equal bigger fish :thumbsup:

Rick, I'll be down the week of 8/10 lets see if we can meet up for a beer....we've been hanging out on the sandbar in quonnie by the sand launch :beer:
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Post by Challenge »

John,

We've been burning alot of boat gas! it's just been in the pond. My boys have started really enjoying sailing so we have just been messing around w/water sports, beaching and clamming. and catching tons of snappers. Don't get me wrong its been alot of fun. Please let me know when U will be around next week and hopefully we can connect. :thumbsup:

cheers

Rick
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: As long as your out there and the family is having fun that's what counts :beer:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic