rubbin it in

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
wickedlester

rubbin it in

Post by wickedlester »

hey guys. sorry i don't forum much unless its winter but wanted to stop in, say hi and rub in that i'll be trailering to the keys a week from today :beer: haven't posted much lately but i do still pop in to see what u guys r up to. may ur boats and fish both be big and powerful
welder
Site Admin

Re: rubbin it in

Post by welder »

Don't forget your camera!
Have a safe trip . :beer:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yer not rubbin it in.........the Keys are hot enough in the fall, let alone heading there now.

Whewwwww, talk about Tropical heat!
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

We in the PNW want some cold rainy days. It's hot :shocked:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Trade Ya Goat....

And talk about RAIN. Holy shet, ever single day at noon till 5. Someones getting slam dunked.
wickedlester

Post by wickedlester »

won't bother me.. i hate the cold! outside all day every day. hoping for some decent weather though. been raining here almost daily since spring
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Ya know....in Florida "Fall-winter-Spring" is the best fishing over all. But ya can't tell the tourists that....... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
wickedlester

Post by wickedlester »

made it home! all in all trip was great. beautiful sights great food and safe travel. the weather was perfect. almost no rain (been rainin here everyday for weeks) and actually the temp was more comfy there than here. fishing..... bite was good but honestly i feel as though its a lil overrated. tons of snapper.. lots of varieties(bait theivin lil boogers). caught some sharks yellowtail jacks etc. and chubs(bleck) had i taken a lil more boat and gone to the stream maybe i wlda been more impressed. i fished reefs bridges and sandbars. went to the gulf side one day and caught a bunch of hardhead catfish. one really big run screamin drag and had it on for about 10 min.. then spit my hook. glad i went. everyone shld do it once :beer:
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

sounds like a great trip what kind of boat do you have?
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

When I was there and fished the gulf stream I could not believe the variety of fish we caught.....cobia, sails, bonita, dorado
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

THERE'S a inshore season and and offshore season everywhere.....
I agree, the keys is a bit over-rated and expensive. But then again i have no $$.

I know you could have had some serious fish in the freezer if ya went to La. Next time swing on by and pick me up if ya head S.W. instead of South.

I NEED A RIDE.

NO PICS?
wickedlester

Post by wickedlester »

was a great trip for sure. I got some pics on my phone. post a cpl when I get em sent to my confuser. ended up haulin down my buddy's 20' skeeter bay boat. not enough bow for some places we wanted to go. shlda taken my antique alloy! 2 cpls on the trip.. took my van and his boat and both wives.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

JETTYWOLF wrote:THERE'S a inshore season and and offshore season everywhere.....
I agree, the keys is a bit over-rated and expensive. But then again i have no $$.

I know you could have had some serious fish in the freezer if ya went to La. Next time swing on by and pick me up if ya head S.W. instead of South.

I NEED A RIDE.

NO PICS?
Jetty, a buddy of mine just went to work in Lake Charles which is near Calcasieu Lake, he says best trout & redfish spot in the state. Meet me there in the fall or winter sometime? He'll turn us loose with his rig while he's at work, we can stay at his place, etc., keep it cheap and fun.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic