Cape Moreton and nearby

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
peterbo3
Contributor

Cape Moreton and nearby

Post by peterbo3 »

Hi all,
Quick trip out the front yesterday with the forecast 5-10 knots on a 2 metre swell. Not quite right. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: But we battled on & caught a few but the camera batteries decided to have a little sleep. :cry: :cry: . I was able to salvage a few.

Cape Moreton on the Northern tip of Moreton Island which is some 15 miles East of Brisbane. We were fishing in 300 feet from where the pic was taken. A few more miles out & it drops away to 1000 feet.

Charter boat (alloy of course ) :D :D on the same drift line as us. Check out the guy on the port side of the cabin. He was really pumping some out.
We waved & offered him a chicken sandwich but it started him off again. :wink: :wink: :wink:

This is John working hard, note the TWO cans of beer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is John REALLY working hard. 100 metres of 12mm rope with 6 metres of shortlink 10mm chain attached to the pick. Cheaper than a winch & chips in for the fuel. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This me. Well, it could be anyone really but I think it is a good likeness. As for the rest of the photos, they are out there somewhere heading away from us at the speed of light.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by peterbo3 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
BMac

Post by BMac »

That's a serious drop off so close to shore Pete!

Most of my fishing is done off Mandurah here in W.A. and I have to travel about 20 miles to get into 50 metres!

What did you catch for the day?
Cheers
Brendan
peterbo3
Contributor

Post by peterbo3 »

"What did you catch for the day?"

Hi Brendan,
We won't discuss that :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops: but I will say that there are lots of snapper still swimming around. Some cod were caught but they were not our target.

If you can grab a look at a Navionics card, check out where the shelf is East of Brisbane. Not far to go at all.
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Great post peterbo3. Sorry to here about the camera :( . That is one hell of a drop off. I limit myself to 400 ft for bottom fishing (I can't stand the time wasted checking bait). I was out last friday in about the same conditions and will post pic's soon. Thanks for sharing.
John
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic