13 yr old makeover

Post your Alloy pictures here
alex g

13 yr old makeover

Post by alex g »

This is a 13 yr old 22' gravois that came to our shop for a refit. Sandblasted it and put a new shine on her along with all new rigging and engine (300 verado) . A sweet ride.
BEFORE
BEFORE
misc. from mg camera 057.jpg (15.76 KiB) Viewed 4873 times
BEFORE
BEFORE
misc. from mg camera 062.jpg (138.68 KiB) Viewed 4872 times
AFTER
AFTER
misc. from mg camera 119.jpg (131.76 KiB) Viewed 4872 times
AFTER
AFTER
misc. from mg camera 118.jpg (19.23 KiB) Viewed 4871 times
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: 13 yr old makeover

Post by JETTYWOLF »

One of the Gravois guys is a member here. (Are you one????)

Looks similar to a posting done by someone here of a boat called an American 26 (?) there's a thread about it.

It was made by a new member who I don't see much, here. From La.

I guess I might be out of the loop with my "non-bayboat" inshore CC, 26 footer, huh???

But a buddy who I was supposed to be fishing out of Venice with, as of this Friday (I cancelled the trip, due to lack of funds, as usual) Who has a house there, but lives here, said to me...... "You're boat would be perfect for fishing the passes out of Venice, with 4-5 people. Anchor up along the jetties and waylay big reds 12 months a year, in any conditions"

Since I'm a jetty fisherman here in J-ville, Florida, and the boats called the jettywolf (my boat), I could dig that.
Because I do it here, already!!

Some day before I'm dead I wanna live in La. and reel in my last Trout or Redfish, there!!

My boat will need a 25 year make over by the time I can move there.....

Nice, I'm sure the G-boys would like those pics.

Why does any one even have a glass bay boat in La. when one like that can float higher, carry more weight, hit stuff, run up on oysters, and is more fuel efficiant?????

It's always the question, huh????

PEOPLE JUST DON"T GET IT?
I GUESS.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Capt. Dave, just had this conversation about Gravois the other day on the troll with my buddy. My feeling is that when government spending went up during the last presidents two terms Gravois saw an opportunity to make some serious coin by building and supplying boats to the US government. Now that the funds are being spent on bailout's rather than our military I would have to guess that they will reenter the recreational/commercial sector once again to "keep the funnel full".

This is only an educated guess and has no authenticity........just an opinion.

All that said I would love to see a Gravois in person I've been told they are well built great running boats :?: :thumbsup:

The nice part is the make over will be relatively cheap....a can of non skid, and a quart of Nyalac and a new zinc, you'll be
good for another 20 years :rotfl:
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yeah like those SAFEBOATS, huh.....the company exists because of the goverment coin.
Homeland "we're all terrosrist" money.

What other boat builder has class room instruction and such for their customers.
Gotta teach all them coasties from Witchita, how to run a boat in lake Atlantic, Pacfic etc. somewhere.

Hey, I say what the hells wrong with people. You an inshore fisherman, get yourself and inshore bay boat and make it alloy, instead. From across the duck pond that boat pictured looks like it could be glass to me. What's the big deal?

Ya know it's all about ignorance and looks, really. If people really knew that 20 years later the AL boat would still be good as new after a spit polish here and there, they'd think twice.......maybe.
At least thats how I think.

My dad says, they buy fancy colored gizmo looking glass boats because they know going in they won't own the same boat 20 years from now. He's probably right.

Have ya seen the prices of some of these inshore bay boats?? (they also keep getting larger, too)

-Sterling's
-Yellowfin's
-Everglade's

good gawd, my first house didn't cost that much, and it wasn't even seafoam green or guava pink!!!!!!!!
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Woweee !

A 300 Verado ! Holy **** that thing oughta skate along like a Skeeter in a lake ! Good job , looks great.
wdkerek

Post by wdkerek »

That is a nice one for sure! like the colors
NUKE

Post by NUKE »

Wow that 22 looks a lot like My friends Donzi ..without the bracket....and its not yellow.. what say You :sarge:
NUKE
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Jettywolf, there are a LOT of folks in my neck of the woods that build alloy boats.

For the most part it is the commercial fisherman that have the alloy's down here. (Crawfisherman, commercial fish and workboats) If you make a trip over here and go into the swamps you will see them. (Mostly during the week as they try to stay OFF the water on weekends)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic