I guess I wasn't good enough for Santa...

Post your Alloy pictures here
dawgaholic

I guess I wasn't good enough for Santa...

Post by dawgaholic »

I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
welder
Site Admin

Re: I guess I wasn't good enough for Santa...

Post by welder »

Dawg, Santa called me and ask were sh , uh he could acquire said weekend fishing boat.

Hope that helps some. :beer:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

I saw one of those on the water a little while back...it looked huge as it sits so tall. I want one also! 300K seems like a fair deal for anyone who is in that kind of budget range.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Dawg, Santa called me and ask were sh , uh he could acquire said weekend fishing boat.

:rotfl: I figured he was using it himself :mrgreen: . Man, could you see the EYES of those folks along a typical marina dock on the Gulf or around Florida? They'd think they were under invasion by the Cubans or somehting. :rotfl:
I saw one of those on the water a little while back...it looked huge as it sits so tall. I want one also! 300K seems like a fair deal for anyone who is in that kind of budget range.
Imposing it is as us inlanders don't see boats unless we travel, not any kind like that and likely never would see one of those unless I visited the PNW or ventured to NZ or Australia. This is what caught my eye:

*250 engine hours. On a '06 build??? Forty-one and six tenths' hours average per annum....and I'd wager that the engines have not seen sufficient continuous operation to even achieve anywhere near their design capabilities. Essentially new.

*$295k is quite honestly <40% of the new cost from what I can gather as this one should fetch $725k-ish today as equipped.

A real fishing death from above boat is this one yowser!

You could literally square dance there is so much room:

This pic suggests that the builder may have gotten stuck with this one and takes it out occasionally just to keep the engines oiled:

Only thing I've seen which cats don't do a great job of is sleeping quarter design and the pics of the berths is a tad claustrophobic for such a large craft imo.

Ten years ago I'd be on my way to SEATAC for a close-up and personal. Today my priorities are totally different as Life has that way of reminding us that we ain't running the show.
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

dawgaholic wrote:
Ten years ago I'd be on my way to SEATAC for a close-up and personal. Today my priorities are totally different as Life has that way of reminding us that we ain't running the show.

Ain't that the truth!
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

-can ya jus' imagine the size and goofiness of the trailer that thang has to sit on.....whewwwww!

I'm not a cabin guy, but why is there "wood and formica" inside a boats cabin.

Why not aluminum, some paint and rhino lining! Especially on die hard fishing crafts. Thing that jus make me say, "hmmm".

I have to say I saw a bed liner job from the factory on a brand new Dodge truck today that had me freakin out, it was so sweet. Every aspect of it was absolutely perfect. Couldn't find a single flaw

..."what that has to do with interiors of a boat with a fort, I haven't a clue."

Just thinkin', thats all.
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Post by Sabs28 »

JETTYWOLF wrote:- I'm not a cabin guy, but why is there "wood and formica" inside a boats cabin.

Why not aluminum, some paint and rhino lining! :rotfl:
The "wood" interior got me wondering also. Isn't that like "Bad Mojo" or something, Puting wood in an aluminum boat.

Isn't wood flamable?????
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Maybe it's heat resistant "partical board" :rotfl: :rotfl:
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

Sabs28 wrote:
JETTYWOLF wrote:- I'm not a cabin guy, but why is there "wood and formica" inside a boats cabin.

The "wood" interior got me wondering also. Isn't that like "Bad Mojo" or something, Puting wood in an aluminum boat.

Isn't wood flamable?????

The wood is put there so us married guys can sell the idea of spending a lives savings on another boat! :beer:
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

S L Dave wrote:
Sabs28 wrote:

Isn't wood flamable?????

The wood is put there so us married guys can sell the idea of spending a lives savings on another boat! :beer:
:skipper: Yea buddy! :thumbsup: These single guys call any and all shots so they cannot relate to dealing with the ever intriguing and always beguiling feminine pov. My Wife will not compromise on creature comforts and given free hand, she would need but a day to decide what she would need to suit her and a King Size Master with private facilities r at the top o de list. I do all the cooking and she handles everything else but boat stuff, so long as she gets to co-captain. What a deal!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic