HONDA "SLACKERS" LIKE ME....

Motor discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

HONDA "SLACKERS" LIKE ME....

Post by JETTYWOLF »

hey ya'll.........the official Product tester here again.

Just got done talking Armstrong deck plates in Pacific boats on the about your alloy forum, and how the seals will YES.....LEAK after grim and fish goo gets jetted by your wash down hose, and 1500 feet a year jump and walk on them.

BTW, not Armstrongs intended purpose for those deck plates either, mind you!!!
they sell them intended to sit on one of those gawd aweful bolt on brackets, as inspection hole covers.
Pacific I supose remedied this and now welds in a real commercial duty deck plate or hatch?????????

Now I have a new one fer ya.

HONDA MOTOR KEY SWITCHES.

I bet ya'll are just the perfect boat owners. Leave your boats out for the whole world to see them, and without any security or protection from the elements (YES, I'VE SEEN HOW THOSE NORTHERN BOATS ARE KEPT ALL SNOWY WINTER UP IN MAINE OR MASS.....JUST LET THE WEATHER IN)

So, you know, my gal sits in a big steel carport totally protected from the sun, leaves rain, falling branches and the likes.

BUT, since ya'll are probably better boat owners (in only some ways) you probably take your Honda keys out of the key switch all the time.

And goooood fer you!

I do not. Why should I. I leave the key in the Honda switch all the time.

Long story short by the DEFECT FINDER, aka: JETTYWOLF.

Last time I tried to pull the key out....it wouldn't come out. Completely coroded in. Replaced under warrenty.

Now today I was farkin around in the boat and pulled the key out of the switch. Now the key goes back in, but the switch is locked up and will not turn.

CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE IF I HAD A CHARTER IN THE MORNING AT 0630 HRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOLY BAT PISS ROBIN.
:shock: :shock: :banghead:

NO, I have no idea of how to rig the LITTLE GIRL to start the engine with out the switch. So please no shade tree machanic advise please. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm attempting to soak it in some good ole WD40, but seriously doubt that'll do a GD thing.

FYI....don't do what I do. Because now In the morning I'm going to the Honda dealer with key switch in hand and I'll want a new one under warrenty........#2, in less than 3 years.

If there's a will or a way to fark something up. You can count on me!!
Really.

Demolishing and Product Tests only done via PM'd or emailed requests, thank you. :thumbsup:
21ftcc
Donator '09

Re: HONDA "SLACKERS" LIKE ME....

Post by 21ftcc »

Jetty,

buy the keyless kit for $138 Jetty Beans. I Think its call quicksilver. Uses a 4 digit code.

http://www.diy-boat.com/content/view/146/49/
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Jetty

Next switch don't be affraid to apply some waterproof grease to the key before insert. Do that every now and then
and you should be fine. As far a saving the one you have, WD40 and wiggle away until it gives a little otherwise just chuck it.
Old man salt has his way with it.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Occams Razor,

Yeah that's what I did.

The obnozous girl at the parts counter said, "You do grease other things on the boat, why didn't you do the key switch???"

And she's so ADEMENT about me and being in the charter biz, and she constantly says, "You shouldn't have a extended warrenty, anyhow!! JUST ONE YEAR!!" " They're cracking down, we could loose or Honda dealership, because of commercial people like you."

I smile and think to myself, "that's why I don't want this place working on my motor......biotch!!"

I paid for it (extended warrenty)....no I didn't as a matter of fact. They want to sell engines so bad they'll sell to anyone. And give away 3-5 years, and no one asks for crap!
No one asked, and I don't tell, kinda like the Bill Clinton rule.

I know of a place, pretty far from my house that will do all they can to put charter fisherman up front, and will do any warrenty stuff, because they get paid! And will gladly work hard to make sure you get back to supporting the economy.
Problem is thier Honda mechanic is only there 3 days a week and playing Fire man the rest. I've been there for service once only........KEY SWITCH STUCK, they broke it, gave me a free one, sent me on my way.

That's why I also call a fella who works for the company that services all USCG, and Customs boats with 225 Honda's.
He spends 8 hrs a day at the coastie base, he has so much work because of them.
He can't do warrenty work, but for $100 will come to my house with tools and do all he can, with rescued parts.

What's your take?
NUKE

Post by NUKE »

Park it out side that car port ( made for cars ) and let some nice fresh rain rinse off that console every day and let the rain wash your troubles away ! :deadhorse:
NUKE
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic