MA Anglers Beware !

Motor discussion
Occams Razor

MA Anglers Beware !

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All !

Guys it may be time to start thinking about purchasing a kit to measure the methanol in our fuel. I recieved a call from a gentleman today that has a 26 Regulator and fishes in the North Shore MA area. He called me to ask what the MA limit on
methanol was in the gasoline. I told him as of rite now it is 10 percent however they EPA are thinking about jacking it to 15.
The reason he asked is he just launched two powerheads under warranty and the Yammi man was there to find out why. Well
the fuel was in question so the gentleman explained he had recently topped off at this station near the MA /NH boarder. Both he and the Yammi rep went back to the station to take a fuel sample. Well the bad news is the Yammi rep measured 20 percent ! The Yammi rep say sorry no warranty and the MA regulators of the beauru of weights and measurements are are involved.

Just a note to be carefull. If your engines start to sound / run differently after a fill up don't pust it ! You four stroke guys should be in the safe zone for awhile but the two cycle people beware ! This EPA **** is going to far ! They keep this crap up only the lawers are going to enjoy the weekends !
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: MA Anglers Beware !

Post by JETTYWOLF »

-aren't they the only ones really enjoying them anyhow???

Man the N.E. really get that shank up the wazzoo all the time. Crazy high Taxes, Acid rain, and now this?
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

Hi All:

Yes Jetty the NE keeps getting worse and worse. I would give it up in a second but my location is too perfect ( Ask Tin Cup ). I am starting to hear rumblings of big oil fed up with this ****. Fuel milage going down, MTEB, Methenol,Ethanol and on and on. So the skinny I hear is big oil is getting its pockets picked with this Methenol program (like we care about them ) however rumor has it if they don't knock it off NG is going to hit the roof and every electric plant will sock its customers and then we will yell EPA stop it.
The big three are all over it because the cars are supposed to be appraoching 30MPG but the fuel is getting worse and worse.

I attended a Ford traing class on the E-85 flex fuel vehicle. I'll tell you what you think a duelly pulling a heavy boat eats fuel ! This damn thing ate so much ethanol it was unbelievable ! Oh and no starty in the winter either. E-85 does not light off worth a crap below 45 degrees or so.
Hey if they want this stuff I guess they are going to force it down our gullets. Maybe I will have to build that 580 Merlin I have been thinking about for the truck. A Supercharged 580 Merlin for pulling the Alloy....Hmmmmmm I wonder if the neibhors would mind much.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

MY NEXT TRUCK WILL BE DIESEL, AND IF ALL GOES WELL SO WILL MY NEXT HONDA (?)

I just don't believe that an ounce or two of STABILL "ethanol buster" is the fix all.
But damn aaccording to STABILL'S web site it is. Just more $$$$ will fix it, right?

Just don't hear much about it all here.

I have no problems with my 1995 Ford F-250, why should I have a problem with my 2006 Honda 225??

Thats what I wanna know.

Fuel never sits long enough in either. I use it all and then fill-up again.

Plus my Racor (10 micron) hardly has any water in it, when I dump it.

I heard from a customer that the 2 micron filters ( he worked for Parker filtration) that it'll help with problems. (??)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic