New England Boat Show - Black Lab

General boating discussion
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

New England Boat Show - Black Lab

Post by Challenge »

I was looking at the NE boat show site and noticed that Black Lab is listed as an exhibitor.... Is this true Jay?
Jay Perrotta
Sponsor/Donator

Re: New England Boat Show - Black Lab

Post by Jay Perrotta »

Nope. I talked with Joe O'neil from the show about a month ago and told him we weren't coming since recreational sales are so slooooow and keeing our focus on the gov't/commercial market.

We'd never said that we were coming - strange!

Can I help you with something?
Jay Perrotta
Challenge

Post by Challenge »

I guess the show wanted to pad their exhibitor list... I was just hoping to touch and feel the boats and meet you. When will your place in Mass be up and running?
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I wounder if this means Jay gets a free space.

:joecool:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Thats too bad... I remember the "ole days" when the "Ye ole" BLM blog talked about all the great interest in BLM boats, at shows.
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Post by aluminumdreamer »

Bummer, I was thinking of going. I always love looking at any Pacific I can. Not that I'm in the market, but I like to see the craftsmanship that goes into them. I may go anyhow just for kicks, it is winter on Cape Cod, and there isn't a whole lot to do. Plus I need some ideas for my sled, I may try to build some kind of leaning post type of setup over the winter.

Hope to see some kind of alloy represented.

Nate.
Jay Perrotta
Sponsor/Donator

Post by Jay Perrotta »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Thats too bad... I remember the "ole days" when the "Ye ole" BLM blog talked about all the great interest in BLM boats, at shows.
You're right - the market has certainly changed.

I love shows - there is no better way to discuss alloy then to show someone an actual boat. For the right people it is great to see the realization that these aren't "tinnies" and "get" the boats.

Unfortunately shows are expensive and like every other business you have to make decisions. To shell out $10,000 for a show you need a reasonable expectation of sales and the recreational market is still very, very slow (understandably).

THe WorkBoat Show in New Orleans was very, very busy with great interest. We left there having to make quotes for a number of boats - real leads that should lead to real sales and that is what business is about.

For you Jetty to do a show in Jacksonville and spend time and money to simply discuss fishing in the greater Jacksonville area with local fisherman rather than sell charters would not e fun, eh?

We'll be back at the Boston Show once the market bounces back - the way it looks noow there is no bounce at all - 2012?

We're pretty much set-up in Rowley now. Had meetings there all last week with gov't/commercial guys about boats. Love to sit down with anyone who wants to look at boats and chat - (doesn't have to be a "sales" meeting). I enjoy tremendously meeting you guys and at the office it costs nada - paying a show organizer to do such chatting doesn't make sense!

The coffee pot is always on...
Jay Perrotta
Challenge

Post by Challenge »

Jay,

What boats do you have in Rowley? and when are you there?

thanks

Rick
Jay Perrotta
Sponsor/Donator

Post by Jay Perrotta »

We're available by appointment - I'm usually there a couple of days a week at this point - weekends also available!

We have a V23HT and a V26ST on site as well as a Rock Salt 34 (The 34 is leaving for FL soon)...

Love to have you up for a visit!
Jay Perrotta
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

The only two things that got me excited at the NE show :arrow: Capt. G's boat at the BLACK LAB booth, and the slaes lady at the Jupter booth :mrgreen: Since BLM won't be there that sales lady from Jupiter better be or it will be one boring show :rotfl:

Please post up when you have a SCS up there Jay :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

How far is this place, from Yarmouth? What do you do drive back and forth these couple days a week and weekends?
You not live in Yarmouth anymore?

Yarmouth reminded me of a New England..."Mayberry USA." Super sweeeeet.

AlloyToy, that Jupiter woman was from S. Florida? Was she tan, slender and you could easily picture her "two bandaids and a cork", joggin' on the beach?

gandrfab

Post by gandrfab »

blacklabmarine wrote:We're available by appointment - I'm usually there a couple of days a week at this point - weekends also available!

We have a V23HT and a V26ST on site as well as a Rock Salt 34 (The 34 is leaving for FL soon)...

Love to have you up for a visit!
What part of FL, will I be able to visit it? :beer:
Jay Perrotta
Sponsor/Donator

Post by Jay Perrotta »

Jetty,

Rowley is about 100 miles south of me. Our business has almost always been a "destination" business. The number of people who drop-in off the street is extremely low. Most people we speak with or email for awhile and then they make the decision to come for a visit/demo ride - like you did! It didn't make sense to keep paying rent when we own a facility in Rowley (The Winninghoff production facility). We can store boats inside and out. We can weld there, make alterations, etc. I'll be going down a couple of days a week as a routine and am available for pre-scheduled meetings anytime. I see this as an upgrade and a good thing!

gandrfab,

The boat will be in Fort Lauderdale at Phil's brother's house and will be available for viewing by appointment. Demo rides are available for prospective owners! It is also for sale! Buy it! Be the first kid on your block! Love to show the boat if you'd like to see it. I'd suggest that you make me come from Maine to Florida in mid-February - I love flying for three hours and going from -10 degrees to 75 degrees always a good time!
Jay Perrotta
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

That's a big 10-Rog...Jay.

I'm like the National Enquire. Inquiring minds, like to know. :smitty:

I have a buddy that constantly asks me about a 20 CC, and the hows, whens, where's and how much's.

I sent him that 20' CC Duck boat (OD green) one photo and said if I didn't have to carry around the Jettywolf Fishing Team all the time, it's all I'd have. And be able to go anywhere, anytime, in these parts.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Jetty YUP :!: :mrgreen:

Jay does Jack not own the production part of his business any longer??

I think we need to see that RS out in the Gulf stream with the competition gandrfab and a pic of you and Jay holding a 90# Sail in the bow, or pics of 40# Cobia :thumbsup:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

If you can stand the seas in Miami Florida, between December and Feb. (boat show) A Sailfish photo shoot could be very, very possible.

Go with live bait, to insure a bite, and a circle hook to insure a hook-up.
EZ fishin, just bump in and outa gear while driftin' with the huge swell, to keep baits behind the boat... :thumbsup:
Don't forget the foul weather gear, just incase it's a "Scuba" kinda ride on out Goverment Cut or Haulover inlet.
gandrfab

Post by gandrfab »

AlloyToy wrote:Jetty YUP :!: :mrgreen:

Jay does Jack not own the production part of his business any longer??

I think we need to see that RS out in the Gulf stream with the competition gandrfab and a pic of you and Jay holding a 90# Sail in the bow, or pics of 40# Cobia :thumbsup:
I'd like to go for the otherside of the gulf stream and catch some yellowfin tuna, it's normaly a 65 to 85 mile run, in central fl.

like this guy does LINK http://www.ticketfishing.com/ but it won't take us as long to get to the fishing grounds.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic