Steyr diesels/pulse drive

Motor discussion
Chtucker

Steyr diesels/pulse drive

Post by Chtucker »

One of the boats on the list to check out has been repower with 250hp Steyr diesels and surface piercing drives. I think the manufacturer of the drives is PulsDrive, which is out of business.

The repower only has 100 hours on it.

My concerns are the support and parts for both the engines and the drives. The drives being non existent. It was brought up else where that low speed handling of the pulse drives would be an issue.

My thoughts were to take a look at the boat, sea trial it, if it is a viable option, make an offer taking into consideration that the failure of drive or engine could meet weeks without parts, and in the case of the drives, a major undoing. I am sure the repower cost a lot, but a more conventional choice would have made more sense.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the boat appears to have a pilot house seperate from the cabin, something we had been looking for originally.

Howard
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Steyr diesels/pulse drive

Post by Chaps »

I remember a Munson boat that was set-up like that, had some real issues and was on the market for years. Same boat?
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

That answered all my questions
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I'm jus' thinkin'.... :clap:

Maybe "outboards", rather than outdated "outdrives" are the other way to look. :popcorn: waiting on the next find.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic