Donator '08 '09 '10

Honda Yamaha Suzuki Merc

Post by AlloyToy »

Step aside there's a new player in town :!:

http://www.seven-marine.com/motors/specifications/
dawgaholic

Re: Honda Yamaha Suzuki Merc

Post by dawgaholic »

Once enough are in constant use, then the pricetag of these monsters might be an alternative to twins, trips, quads, and yes, quints of today's market leaders. Tight lips about their true potential but the fellow who owns the boat I pictured in the MIBS thread says it is the real deal. If about $700k for his ride pays off on the tournament trail this Spring, lookout.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
wickedlester

Post by wickedlester »

wonder how one of those would push my old 18??
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Wickedlester, you have actually hit a note that likely has been considered: how will they hold up on the racing circuit? Our Nation cannot keep secrets better than these guys about how these monsters really perform and any little nagging issues they may have.

? for you since you are in bay boat territory, which of the brands have you been on and which ones to avoid? I need a shallow draft but not Flats style and from scouring the market, one of these in the used market may be in the tiny budget I have to operate with.
wickedlester

Post by wickedlester »

what kinda horsepower u lookin at? yammi and merc r the norm here mostly cuz of dealer support. if i bought a brand new 115 it wld be the i4 yammi. light powerful and durable. they also have a new tiny 70 thats pretty sweet on the smaller side. once u hit the v6 motors i dont dislike the yammis but i wld lean more toward the mercs. that being said i went somewhere i said i never wld last year. was in the market for a used 2 stroke cuz of weight on my antique. bought a super clean low hour johnson ocean pro. upside..strong as a bull.. downside.. just replaced lower unit.. the reason i dont like em! the kookie plunger style shifter is what i dont like and i believe the new etecs r still using. hell on the clutch dog
wickedlester

Post by wickedlester »

if u mean boatwise... triton or g3 aluminum :beer:
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

As I have such a tiny budget to work with now the list of compromises vs. the must haves is small since what is for sale nearby are freshwater boats of all description at bargain prices. May well end up with an aluminum jon again since that is what I fished out of most of my life. But it won't be a riveted boat, that I guarantee. To me, the trolling motor is the key here and it will be new with space for a keeper tank next and then the sonar. Not engine brand loyal but service here for all makes is a 50+ mile trip.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

You got that kinda $$ Alloy???

Those engines cost more then our entire RIGS!

I hear Florida's gonna mandate probably MORE ETHANOL....that might be bad news for them. So that $4.50 marina fuel must also be added to the cost.

BTW folks......buy yourself a Ethanol tester. KNOW what percentage you're actually buying! I check all the time..5% is what the station I use presently sells.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

JETTYWOLF wrote:You got that kinda $$ Alloy???
Hardly :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Cool concept but American made I never see the price being affordable for us lower middle class :popcorn:
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Jetty, the 7's run on 87 octane which might surprise ya. Hope you guys were spared the impact of the severe weather.

Since the 7's enjoy a greater HP to weight ratio than current OB's along with rumored greater economy at cruise then they will sell. And just like everything else, they will come down in price as the competition rolls out their monster OB's.

But for now, who can drop $150k to fully rig out a set of twin 7's and considering that only custom built boats have the necessary structural integrity to carry them safely, you gotta be wealthy by my standards to play with them. They are shipping a dozen or more to the Emirates as they establish a beachhead where the really rich play so the racing circuits around the World will get to see them in action in 2013. SKA will have at least the Midnight Express competing and the Billfish tour may see some on a new 35''+ sportfisher designed for OB's.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic