Momma's don't let yer babies grow up to be.......

Motor discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Momma's don't let yer babies grow up to be.......

Post by JETTYWOLF »

SHADE TREE MECHANICS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

OF SHADE UNDER THE BOAT-PORT MECHANICS.

OR CHARTER FISHERMAN IN FLORIDA (tree-hugger land)

-this is gonna hurt, :skillet: :skillet:

HONDA-0022.jpg
HONDA-0022.jpg (138.91 KiB) Viewed 16583 times
HONDA-0033.jpg
HONDA-0033.jpg (128.37 KiB) Viewed 16583 times
at least "I have shade"..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

THE DAY FINALLY ARRIVED I HAVE BEEN DREADING FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS.

I'LL EXPLAIN MORE AFTER YOU PONDER.

GOATRAM, MAY CALL THIS "FUN", I CALL IT MISERY. WITH A TAD OF OH SHET ON TOP :titanic: :titanic:
MacCTD

Re: Momma's don't let yer babies grow up to be.......

Post by MacCTD »

Cool, looks like a fun project, be interested to hear what happened to the original.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

All you gotta do to change the prop is take out the cotter key and take off the nut...or is the nut on the other end of the tools? :gunner2:
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

WTH!

It is fun in the winter not during the heat of the Summer.

I Pondered it already! What is the Story? :sarge:
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

I recall you getting that backup engine for a good price, so this means a serious mechanical with the original I guess. Does rate a few choice Adult words in any case.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

LOOKS LIKE FUN????????????

C'C'MON MAC, WE COULD USE THE HELP. IT'S 990 DEGREES AND THANK GAWD I HAVE A 'BOAT-PORT' THAT'S 150 HUMIDITY UNDERNEATH.

Oh yeah.

BTW.....if you ever think you want to be in the fishing charter business...start with a Million dollars and be prepared to loose it all :skillet: :skillet:

Really, you want to read the whole story :?: :?:

Ya'll remember when Honda sold Pacific a BLEM 225 Honda :?: :?: That Honda went on my new boat that I only got because banks in 2006 were throwing money at people and giving loans to homeless people with cardboards signs :?: :?: I worked my azz off for years to have a paid off boat, motor, trailer, truck. So I got the chance to capitalize on getting a boat loans one year after buying a house even.

after spending 20K on a new Honda, three years later water started to pump straight threw to the top off the motor via a hole between the two heads, behind the air manifold.......salting the whole engine. I had no idea wtf was going on. the mechanic a royal dumb azz said to Honda when he told them what he had found. "This fishing guides motor is soooooo clean, and only three years old, and there 's a HOLE IN THE ALUMINUM, BECAUSE YOU LET THIS ONE GO THREW THE QC PROCESS, AND THE CASTING WAS THIN AND A HOLE IS NOW SPEWWING WATER :!: :!: :!: :!: "

They replied...."thank you, dumb azz mechanic for telling us he uses this motor commercially. he has one year warrenty and that is now G-O-N-E"

"we'll help though. we'll send a empty block, it may take 2 months, but we'll pay the labor for a complete brain transplant...you can use all his parts off his motor!!! We'll give you 9 hours of labor costs. OKAY :?: :?: :?:

Well the dumb azz mechanic SCREWED THE POOCH. They had NO WAY of knowing that I used the motor commercially.....and would never find out, either. OTHERWISE, I would have had TWO more years under warrenty. And COULD have received a whole new LONG BLOCK. Plus labor :!: :!:

That was over Labor day and I had to return $1,200 worth of pre-paid charters and deposits :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

So, instead of all that SHET, the mechanic tapped the aluminum "bad casting" spot of the block and got a plug in it with a whopping three threads??????
Added some JB WELD, and charged me $700 for the fix.

Afterwards, I had $150 in my checking account :!: :!: :!:

So I plugged on....

Then, I took a loan from my BEST, FAVORITE, WEALTHY UNCLE and found a guy in OHIO with a 30" running, Honda 225. My dad and I drove straight through 10 HOURS in a Isuzu Rodeo 4 banger, towing a motor cycle trailer to Ohio with my uncles money in my pocket.

I saw the used 225 Honda run. But it took two years and $260 more, to get a key switch harness, and a battery cable. So I could run the Ohio Honda in my own garage.

Well a week ago.....

That plug in the bad spot in the casting of my 20K engine gave OUT :!: :!:

3 years later, the hole expanded in the BAD spot where HONDA F'ed up on quality control, or it's now leaking around the plug with three threads (?) holding it in.

Salt water spraying up all over everything.

<<<<<<<In reality, Honda sold me a motor that lasted three years>>>>>>>>>>>>
The mechanic, made it last three more years..............NOT HONDA.

If I had waited for a empty hallow block, then a few weeks to get the surgery completely done. I would have been broke, homeless, and out of the biz after 14 LONG HARD YEARS, at that time.

So that's why I didn't go that wonderful route Honda offered me.

NOW: The 2005 Ohio Honda is on my transom.
NOW: The 2006 "original" Honda is a pile of old used parts :!: Pretty much J-U-N-K, that'll I'll part out for my own use.

Unless someone wants to do a "brain transplant" for free on a Honda block, entire powerhead. All because of a small hole in the water jacket in the most miserable spot one could imagine :!: :!: :!: :!:

NOW: as of today, I have graciously received a MALWARE VIRUS on my website via the websites hosting company. Affecting many of their customers.

Google had put a NOTICE on my website in their search. I had to return charter deposits. And have a running motor....BUT NO BUSINESS.
Because people see the Google notice.

So after days and days of labor, now I have been CYBER attacked.

:gunner2: :gunner2: :gunner2: :gunner2: JUST SHOOT ME NOW :gunner2: :gunner2: :gunner2: :gunner2:
goatram

Post by goatram »

Dude Sorry

But you do get to wear shorts and Flip Flops to work. :rotfl:
John Risser aka goatram
2015 Ford F350 Dually
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

-Shorts
- No Flip-flops...not good for the aged feet & ankles. I needs me maximum support.

"Rockport walking shoes" - summer
"USA made 6" Xtratuffs," - winter

OH, I forgot.

I bought a Shimano Curado 300 EJ with my $$ from the sale of my Accurate reels. And on one of the purchases got caught in the Middle of a

LITHUANIAN EBAY-CABELAS, TRIANGLE SCAM :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
where, I end up having to prove that I'm stuck in the middle, so PayPal will clear me, and I WAS THE VICTIM, along with Cabelas.

As I said, and what Al Bundy used to say :deadhorse: "JUST ShOOT ME NOW, AND GET IT OVER" :gunner2: :gunner2:
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Sorry to hear of your troubles, hopefully the new engine will give you a long service life.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

It better....I may have saved alot of cash. Slaving in the heat.

Because "we", Pops and I, fashioned a single shift rod, out of a 2005 & 2006 Honda shift rod. And it cost us both about 6- T-shirts, 14 glasses of sweet tea, 2- 12 paks of PBR, and gallons of sweat.

+ $20 worth of welding done by a guy who makes fences and stairs.

Did I mention you can't take a 05 lower unit and stick it on a 06 motor? Or vice-versa.

You can, but you'll have to do what we did. Kevin up in Alaska would have been proud of us.

If ya can't buy it, or if it doesn't exist, then make it :!:

My ole motor-head dad calls it a "slight factory modification". :smitty: :smitty:
goatram

Post by goatram »

JETTYWOLF wrote:It better....I may have saved alot of cash. Slaving in the heat.

Because "we", Pops and I, fashioned a single shift rod, out of a 2005 & 2006 Honda shift rod. And it cost us both about 6- T-shirts, 14 glasses of sweet tea, 2- 12 paks of PBR, and gallons of sweat.

+ $20 worth of welding done by a guy who makes fences and stairs.

Did I mention you can't take a 05 lower unit and stick it on a 06 motor? Or vice-versa.

You can, but you'll have to do what we did. Kevin up in Alaska would have been proud of us.

If ya can't buy it, or if it doesn't exist, then make it :!:

My ole motor-head dad calls it a "slight factory modification". :smitty: :smitty:
Dave I have lived that life for the first 50 years of my life cause I never had any money. I still live it cause I can and I enjoy it. :beer: It don't have to be Store bought to work. :smitty:
John Risser aka goatram
2015 Ford F350 Dually
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yep, John.....

When I told the Honda mechanic, that I had look at the lower units of both, the 05, which was locked up, and the 06 that was just on my boat last week (the motor that sprung a leak in the block) that I didn't need a $3200 lower unit. Just because Honda changed the shift arm.

He chuckled, and said. "I don't like that idea!"
But I told him, I can make a 05 lower unit work on a 06 motor...it's only the shift arm!

He laughed at me again. Most mechanics these days are "parts changers" that went to the schools to learn how to assemble and dis-assemble.

NOT trouble shoot, and make work. "Too much liability I guess"

------------------------

Water tested testerday, just before the daily rains. Shifts good and smooth. The Ohio Honda, (that was originally owned by the US Navy, and was a FRESH WATER motor. Not one sign of nasty saltwater infection on the whole motor. Obviously, a GREAT LAKES Navy Motor)

It runs sooooooooo much stronger than my BLEM 2006 motor.

Took the 2006 BLEM Honda off my transom at 2005 HOURS. So next (this winter maybe) I get someone to plug it up (the Ohio Navy 2005 motor) and give me the Hours that is on the computer.

Which may or may not be 100% correct, as the Coasties, and Military do lots of "parts" swapping on these Honda's too.

-----------------------------------

Still want a BRACKET bolted on my stern platform with at least a 9.9 HP "Kicker" back there. For Trolling, staying in position, doing a controlled drift, and get back security.

Is a 9.9 too small for a 26' boat?
goatram

Post by goatram »

No it will work and get you in. Around here unless your a big BACK SIDE boat(33') T8 or now the T9.9 is the go to troll motor and back up. T9 might be in my future soon to know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
John Risser aka goatram
2015 Ford F350 Dually
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Me and "big W" been talkin.....he on his lunch break, me in the China buffet getting my one meal a day at $7.00 "AYCE".

Tohatsu?? Versus the big "H" or "Y".... :?: :?:

Free shipping & questions answered: http://www.onlineoutboards.com

I priced a few 25" shaft electric start/ trim and tilt Honda's and being basically "unemployed" they are nearly $4000 or more.

Asked Julie at Pacific what size do they usually mount and she said 25". I didn't know but figured that was it.

If I had one with a connector to the big engine for steering. Oh the things i could do.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic