Ocean LED and FLIR Thermal Imaging

Electrical/Electronics discussion
amfboats
Sponsor

Ocean LED and FLIR Thermal Imaging

Post by amfboats »

I have just had this boat in for a few electronic additions, thought you might like to see some of his new toys.
Flir Thermal Imagaing Camera and LED Work Lights, Note Boat name on roof, I thought this was a good idea, he also has his name and phone number on trailer.

http://www.eurasia.flir.com/maritime/pr ... igator.cfm

We Mounted 10"LCD TV dvd player to run the thermal imaging camera through, plus he is lucky he now gets to watch our AMF dvd's while at sea ;-) The screen swivels and doesnt interfer with the windscreen vision.

The Volvo D3190 Duo Prop is so grunty we put a control arch on the remote box. this diesel engine will throw the crew over the stern. Brilliant fuel miser too. 52 mph top speed

And Blue LED lights on the transom, Bait fish are meant to come to the light and attract the marlin.

http://www.oceanled.com/

We also fitted LED lights under the side decks, Halogens in the roof and hella flood light over the transom. Our customer wants to get out and do more night fishing, I will let you all know how he finds the gear once he gets out in it.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hell man, I have an extra bracket like that on my transom. Thats a good idea to put the night lites there.

They must be a "slim-line" kind of light. What brand.

Between my below the equator chum chopper (Burley Bucket) I need built into my swim platform and those lights, yall from down yonder are making my "to-do" list longer.

Dammit man....stop it!

Next I'll have to get a Flir camera and dvd screen, too.
(when I win a game show)
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

Your a Hoot Dave, if I was baiting anyone with this post it was you!!! LOL

Hook Line and sinker - a gadget man after my own heart.

I would need to win a game show as well to fit the camera and DVD Player round figures $17k NZD ($11500 USD) plus fitting.

But In a text Message from my customer last night "yea f**N amazin no otha way of sayn it. Money well spent thanx"

He said you would swear you were looking at day time vision through back & White screen. He only used it the paddock but he said looking at the nieghbours house you could see the chimney was hot and windows losing heat.

Those lights are Ocean LED I put the link up above but for you here it is again ;-)

http://www.oceanled.com/

These Lights were NZ $499.00 each so 1k for the two so will be interesting to see how good the results are.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Ya got that right.

I can burn through cash like cord wood, and not have a single pair of shoes to wear.( I hope like hell I can go to funerals in a t-shirt and shorts, with sandles on, jury duty...I don't do duty!!!)

Because the only thing that makes me happy is rods, reels, and boat gadgets.

You can tell I'm not the marrying type, been there tried that. The LITTLE GIRL was a drunk....and not even IRISH.

And plan on dieing in my boat with my hands around my favorite rod....hopefully with a big phat Speckled trout hooked up.

<<<<< excuse me Marty....I went off>>>>>>

C'mon! 8)
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Our new marine cop boat has a high end FLIR unit and it is spectacular how well you can see at night with the thing. We were cruising up the coastline here a couple of weeks back and it was so easy to spot deer in the forest along the waters edge in pitch darkness. Chunks of wood floating out in front of us, water lapping up onto submerged rock piles, etc.

I'm gonna put a basic one on my 25 footer. I got the gadget disease too . . .
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Maybe cheaper than 11,G's??

Handheld unit for us smaller boat crowd/anglers O' the light tackle.

http://www.imaging1.com/thermal/IR_250.html

Holy Codfish this site has it all......never even knew that there were so many kinds.

Here's the only ones I've seen...
http://www.consumersmarine.com/modperl/ ... 006&r=view

Like the one Bevan installed.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Re: Ocean LED and FLIR Thermal Imaging

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Dear AMFBOATS,

Have you any experience yet with running the boat at night, with the FLAIR system? I am concerned its like trying to watch a hand hled am corder on a bad homemade movie, up and down and constant motion making it near impossible to watch. What are your experiences in rought seas with it???

I have a image stabilization black box unit that will take an analog composite video output and stabilize the image real-time, if it is too rough the way it is.

I am considering this unit for my girl because of running 100NM to the EDGE each weekend and the tag lines of the offshore lobster pots reaking such havock with props. Very intersted in your reply. thanks, marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

Hi Marty

I havent even tried in daylight on the water, we installed it and checked it works and the customer has so far only tried it at night in his paddock. I have the same thoughts on rough water and running at speed so I am keen for feed back as he gets using the unit. Coast Guard Units here are starting to fit them. I will keep you informed for sure as I hear more.

Cheers Bevan

Hey Dave I thought they would be cheaper in the states Usual story we tend to pay more............. and earn less.
Duncan MacIver

Post by Duncan MacIver »

Hi there
My AMF660 Narcosis is the boat shown in Bevan's photos of the electronics upgrade, I've been boating & diving for 25 years the AMF is by far the best trailer boat I have ever been in.
The build, finish, handling, power, everything is as close to perfection that you will ever see.
Call me bias but seeing is believing.
Great Boating.
Cheers Duncan
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic