anyone have: Raymarine "Sirius" weather module?

Electrical/Electronics discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

anyone have: Raymarine "Sirius" weather module?

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Had a customer on board the other day that boasted how cool it was to be out fishing in his 17' Whaler and be able to bring up current weather maps, alerts and storm paths on his Garmin XM-radio weather module. That has saved his butt already when fishing King Mackerel tournaments in such a small boat against all those Fountains, Contenders, and other Cuban Penis extenders.

I looked it all up and see as he even said, that Raymarine uses the "Sirius radio service" for the weather module.
I know Radar is where it's at, but for someone not wanting radar, I was just wondering if anyone else had the Raymarine package. And what it's like.

I see it's around $400-$500 for it, and since I like having "tools" I was thinking it maybe a nice addition to my Raymarine package (C-120, GPS, Chart plotter, depth souder, and modular VHF radio)

Just thinking....

Thanks,
TRACER

Re: anyone have: Raymarine "Sirius" weather module?

Post by TRACER »

I INSTALLED IT ON MY RAY MARINE C-120 UP HERE ON THE WEST COAST NOT IMPRESSED WE DONT HAVE AT LOT STATIONS
UP HERE TO TIE TO WITH ALL THE INFO BUT I HEARD IF FLORIDA THERE BETTER DUE TO MORE STATIONS FOR THE INFO
TO BRING UP ON SCREEN
IM HAVING A 23 PACIFIC BUILT I THINK THE GARMIN MIGHT BE BETTER BUT NOT SURE GOT TO GO TO HARRIS ELEC HERE
IN SEATTLE CHECK IT OUT
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic