FURUNO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Electrical/Electronics discussion
peterbo3
Contributor

FURUNO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Post by peterbo3 »

I tend to buy my boat electronics from the US as prices are way cheaper than in Australia. Purchased a Furuno 585 in 2007 for a new boat I was having built. Installed it & was very happy with the performance but noticed some minor fogging after a few trips. It would clear up after a few hours so I decided I could live with it. This is a known problem with some earlier 585 units.
The last three trips out the fogging became worse so I decided to contact Furuno USA who were responsible for warranty. As I am coming to the US in September I asked if I could bring the unit with me & have the repair done whilst I was in the US. The warranty expires in August.
Got a prompt reply offering me three options:
1. Bring the unit in when you come to the US & have it repaired under warranty. The warranty cover would still be good as I had notified Furuno of the problem during the warranty period.
2. I could post the unit to Furuno now or at any future date & they would repair it under warranty.
3. Furuno USA would authorize the local agents (who import Furuno but are not a Furuno entity) to do the job.

Naturally I selected option 3.

Next day I get an email from Furuno USA advising that they have to send the necessary parts (bezel kit) to Australia & this may cause a delay.
Yesterday morning I get a call from the local Furuno people advising me that parts have arrived & to bring my 585 head over. Upon arrival, there are no spare parts. However, there is a brand new 585 in a box fresh from the US ready for me to collect. Straight swap. No repairs, no delay. No FedEx charges either way. Sign & go. Two minutes total.

That is what I call OUTSTANDING customer service, given that I am not exactly around the corner. And how long did this all take? About ten days from my initial email.
Guess who will be supplying my next electronics package??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: FURUNO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Post by JETTYWOLF »

AMAZING! Peter.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll remember all that the next time I have a buddy in need of a Furuno repair.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Love to hear positive things :thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Gundog
Sponsor/Donator

Post by Gundog »

I have a Furuno repair center about 5 miles from my house they are great to deal with and very helpfull when I have had questions. :thumbsup:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic