Garmin Recall

Electrical/Electronics discussion
21ftcc
Donator '09

Garmin Recall

Post by 21ftcc »

Garmin® BlueChart g2 and g2 Vision v2009

Garmin, Ltd. has announced a voluntary product safety recall of the 2009 version of its marine cartography data card, BlueChart® g2 and g2 Vision. Affected data cards were sold between April 8 and June 3, 2009.

Garmin has received reports of data cards giving inaccurate depth indications in waters along the coast of Sweden and Denmark. As a result, Garmin has chosen to recall all 2009 versions of the BlueChart g2 and g2 Vision cards sold in micro SD/SD card format. Customers are advised not to use these data cards for navigation.

Affected customers will be provided with a free replacement. BlueChart or BlueChart g2 Vision v2008.5; and when the 2009 version has been corrected Garmin will make it available free of charge to those customers. For more information on the recall go to http://www.garmin.com/bluechartrecall
DwayneJ

Re: Garmin Recall

Post by DwayneJ »

I had purchased the San Diego - Vancouver chart in July 2009 and was provided the 2008 version. I was in contact with Garmin this week due to another issue and asked about the chart/version. This week garmin sent me a replacement 2010 chart for the 2008 chart free of charge.

Dwayne
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic