Tm260 on a pacific?

Electrical/Electronics discussion
fatcow

Tm260 on a pacific?

Post by fatcow »

Anyone have one ? Just wondering if anyone has a pic of one on their transom. Or if someone has it and how they like it.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: Tm260 on a pacific?

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I first have to know what you're asking?

I have no idea what a "Tm260 on a Pacific" means....MaybeIbe outa the loop here in sunny Florida.
But I do have a very fished Pacific 26.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Jetty, that would be a kick-butt Airmar million watt tranducer for a fishfinder.

Dale (ratherbefishin) has one on his Hewescraft
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
fatcow

Post by fatcow »

its a transducer that i have been looking into. Its just huge. and i was wondering if anyone else has one. i have a 23ft pacific and the mounting bracket might be to small. i might need to weld another bracket above the other.
pacifictime

Post by pacifictime »

I have that transducer mounted on my pacific v2325.I have a furuno fcv 525 unit.For the most part I am pleased with this combo.I made my own mounting bracket out of aluminum.I think that I posted some pics on here a few years ago.I will say that I have fished out of friends boats with a thru hull transducer and the same furuno fcv 525, they get a much better reading at high speeds.With the thru hull we could actually mark fish running at speeds up to 28mph.I get some interference with the transom mount.At trolling speed the two transducers have comparable results.I may be able to get better results at higher speeds if I took the time to make a few minor adjustments of the transducer height and angle.My boat is not here right now or I would attach a pic of the mount that I made.If I was buying another new boat I would have a thru hull installed at the early stages of manufacturing.
ratherbefishin
Donator '10, '11

Post by ratherbefishin »

I have a 22ft Hewescraft and mounted the TM260 on it last year. It works awesome. When all is quiet on the water, you can hear it pinging. :shocked:
TM260 on a Hewescraft
TM260 on a Hewescraft
TM260 Resized.jpg (269.17 KiB) Viewed 5854 times
-Dale
http://www.hewescraftowners.com
Hewescraft Ocean Pro 220 with Honda 225
peterbo3
Contributor

Post by peterbo3 »

Here is mine.
Hooked up to a Furuno 585. I use the centre line 600W when cruising then swap leads & put the big boy into the water when I am checking out a mark. I can nearly count the spines on the fish. I use the 260 when I am deeper than 120'. The difference, even at that shallow depth, is unbelievable. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

If that's one......mine is all about the same. (Raymarine C120 supplied) I can hear mine ping too in shallow water against the bottom of the boat.

Okay, I guess (like Navy Gargon) I needed the word transducer attached to the model #.

Sorry.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic