GoPro Hero Black edition.

Electrical/Electronics discussion
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

GoPro Hero Black edition.

Post by mojomizer »

Great Gadzukes this thing is amazing........ Raw test footage at the higher resolutions is more than my computer can handle..... That is until I edit and convert MP4 to AVI by using GoPro Cineform editor (Free App).

I like the Slow motion at higher resolutions 1080p@60fps I will have to try 720p@120fps. I loved the idea of wifi control and being able to pre-view the video set up before remotely turning on video capture :thumbsup: using a cell phone, Ipod, IPad or supplied Key Chain Remote. The Wifi App is free too :clap:

GoPro offers the Hero 3 in two other options...... Signified by color. White Edition $199 and Silver Edition $299 . The Black Edition $399 just has better resolution and better slow motion options and (we will have to test low light application.) The Silver edition is not a bad option when paired with the Wifi App on your Smart Phone.

What I like is that all of the Gopro Hero 3's has a new water tight frame (Rated to 196 feet) with a flat lens already on the frame.... Great for under water clarity with no negative distortion above water.

The negatives I see is the Battery life is not optimal under One and a half hour average and that the controller screens are tiny....hence why I choose to use a IPad to control remotely. (old tired eyes suck).

Boy was I happy Santamojo left one under the tree for me :thumbsup:

Anyone else has a Gopro or thinking of owning one please let us further the discussion.

You guys building boat projects.......... The time lapse photo's would be sooooooo hot to watch.

Plus Summer will be here before you know it :smitty:

http://gopro.com/hd-hero3-cameras
Last edited by mojomizer on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
welder
Site Admin

Re: GoPro Hero Black edition.

Post by welder »

Mark, as you know I have the GoPro hero, well the kids got me the Back Pack for it for Christmas. It snaps right on and I got 4 diff. backs for it [Two water proof and two skeletons] the BIG screen on the back is cool , I can do all of the functions plus watch what I'm shooting now.

In a nut shell......GoPro = GOOD THINGS
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Just bought this :!:

Drift HD Ghost....after extensive months of RESEARCH.

Didn't care for all those expensive EXTRAS you need with a GOPro. No screen, hard to see user window, that's in another language..?

Drift Ghost comes with everything except the SD card.

And coming soon is a complete case for up to 200'. As of now it goes 10 feet out of the package.

Pro's: A SCRREEEN! needed to fix the shot. Changable lens, battery longevity, EZ to use, various zooms, various degree angled len's..the list goes on and on.

a Remote that is color coded and flashes.

Looked for weeks at a GoPro and read all the reviews. And settled on the Drift HD Ghost that just came out in November I believe.

Been doing all on my video on a Kodak Playsports, and will still use it as it is a great little cell phone sized pocket camera-corder that is super EZ to use and works great! And now the Kodaks cane be bought for under $100 brand new all day long.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Nice camera you have their big fella :thumbsup: Get the water proof case for $49.99 it's good insurance.

GoPro Hero3 Black edition paired up with old Ipad.

With Ipad App.

Connecting on self dedicated Wifi. Specs say good to 600 feet away?

Connected up.

Easy control options. (just learning options and free Cineform editing App)

I am ready to record Via Wifi with viewing set up screen.

Easy with huge learning curve. Smooth Slow Motion up to 4x . video quality beyond my computers and Hd TV's capabilities
:popcorn:

You can use Iphone or Droid type phones to connect GoPro App to Camera. Please then send videos while on the water :thumbsup:
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Oh.....techno geek stuff :?:

I do fine without all that stuff. And don't no phone'matics on the boat. Too busy catching.

The Drift HD Ghost, does all the WiFi stuff too. I believe. But I won't be doing it.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

That be me...........Techno Geek, Pocket token, Angry Asian, Stab em in the neck (With non indigenous fish.) Snoring AAB member :rotfl:

I find that being able to remotely view and record from the helm advantages. If Lester had it, he could have recorded Propnut's
huge Halibut captures and Texas attitude adjustment prescriptions.

Telling you Jetty, from a techno geek, get the water proof housing. Salt Water finds a way to get into electronics. Especially in a Non Fort
setting. If anything it will save you Lens maintenance.

Geeeze the world would sure be boring if everybody's had the same tastes and opinions........ Your Cam is great. It floats your Alloy
and makes you happy :thumbsup: Heard and read great reviews on it.

Soooooo any members with GoPro's have setting recommendations...... tips and tricks...... Video editing software that works for both Mac and PC?????
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

So of course I wanted to see what internals a GoPro hero 3 has............. Fortunately I did not have to do a tear down and have a look see :shocked: :popcorn: :mrgreen: ............ http://www.chipworks.com/blog/recenttea ... ts-camera/

A impressive build....... The only thing I would do is use Humiseal on the circuit board :thumbsup:
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Chaps that is some great video.............. Capt. PJ........ Capt.PJ can you turn around, my Copter and GoPro barrel rolled into the drink :rotfl: You need some serious skill, thick wallet and stainless steel gonads to fly a RC copter and Gopro on a moving ship.

I like the National Geographic Air Jaws copter and underwater GoPro videos of Great White Sharks feeding.

Welder and I like flying RC copters for the grandkids maybe we will have to do a Prince William Sound GoPro flyby?????
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

The "GoPro" thats hard to find in the US....uses another name, that has a screen already, pointing at you!! And a remote control, too.

Ebay for around $300 with everything. I like this one much better. No need to pay for wifi, if I'll never use it.

I may look into it after all, I'm filling a big camera case full of goodies for "Jettywolf video productions"

Have to buy from Japan or Hong Kong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121058138623?ss ... 1423.l2649
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Jetty this is one of the best GoPro knockoffs............................

http://www.camonetec.com/

Amazon sale

Never had one , never used one.......... Did a little research.......... Buyer beware????????

My humble opinion GoPro Hero 3 black edition is at the top of the heap.......... Action Cam
Now if you are doing production quality work......... Maybe something else??????
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

I hate pissing matches............... maybe entertaining for some of the readership :popcorn:

I thought this was an amazing story..........Some dramatization most real footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b6n1MwXCcs

Or this one........... Turn sound down skip to the 2:37 after getting the idea of falling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU-KvtA20v8

Some historical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RR-tzGOyi0

Action Cams are changing how we view the world. I always wondered what surfing a monster wave looked like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAluocUocdw
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic