GOPRO owners website:

Electrical/Electronics discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

GOPRO owners website:

Post by JETTYWOLF »

-all the toys you could ever want for your video toys.

serious stuff, of course in California! Did ya have to ask? :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://www.eyeofmineactioncameras.com/

also info about all the updates on Firmware, and FAQ, and charts.

Need video help? http://www.youtube.com/eyeofminegopro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeKUyFbQ ... F64BBB9727 - alot to know????????????
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Re: GOPRO owners website:

Post by mojomizer »

Jetty you are such a character...... That goofy video was made 4 years ago and about 5 generations of Gopro cameras back. You cannot use a Wright Brothers Kitty Hawk video to train F22 Raptor fighter pilots.

You do much better posting video of your camera of choice.......I do not understand why you are trying to make Gopro users blind faith poison drinking lemmings.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I know it's old.......I'm very literate. I'm a savvy shopper/researcher. Thought maybe someone (else) would like to educate themselves.

90% of ya'll won't ever use production type of a camera's facilities, anyhow. I see no one producing any "shows" here. Those devices are getting so complicated and in depth for most. And also certainly not easy to use, compared to alot out there. Loads of marketing money has gone into "the Brand".

I've never been one to flow with the masses. I usually go my own road.

Waiting to see some footage.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

You're always sniping other people's stuff or whatever does not fit in your World. That my friend is sad.

Educating people is a good thing :thumbsup: Showing people obsolete data to skew their opinions is wrong. Two button menu takes most people one minute to cycle through. No codes to remember...... You just have to know the quality of the POV video you want and if you want a faster frame rate for slow motion opportunities. The advice is higher definition and frame rates eats a lot of data.

If you are going to use it making home movies get a camcorder or good digital camera. If you need a video in a rough and tumble, wet salty environment........ Fish guts,slime and blood everywhere....... There is no better camera. Just like our alloy boats rinse with fresh water put away dry.

Why not just post about your Sport-Vue 360 camera (video looks great) and let the dumb as sheep masses stare blankly at the Gopro menu screens :popcorn: I for one, am enjoying tinkering with my Gopro's. Getting ready to make a even better log of fishing with my AAB friends.

Just enjoy your Camera's and let me post and enjoy my Gopro's.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

No.....I thought it was helpful. "period"

That website sells alot of extras for the camera, that let's see, Welder has, YOU, Scott, and maybe a few others too. All in one place. I've had it in my favorites. Did you know about a one stop shop for all things GoPro? Right in movie capital California?

I'm not sad, but a happy go lucky video'er.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Gopro being a major brand has all of it's products on the shelf at every major sporting goods store. With most of the attachments already provided in the box. There is no need to buy extra's....... Well for $8.00 I did get a handle bar mount for the mountain bike. I'll probably use a couple more for Gaff Cam and Pole Cam.

Eye of Mine is a good business they were one of the first to come out with a flat lens for under water clarity :thumbsup: Gopro being a progressive company is continually upgrading it's products. The Hd Hero 3 editions now have a flat lens already on it's waterproof housing. :thumbsup:

You keep pushing difficult to set up........... Have to buy tons of extras..... Those claims are just not true.

I know......... you're just trying to help...................................... what's your experience with Gopro????
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

BB,

I can do that :!: Just need some shrimp money and less wind.

If it wasn't true Mojo, then "eye of mine" wouldn't be in business. Yeah, played with a buddies and was confuzzed, yes confuzzed after the 1st 10 minutes of him showing me what learning curve he went thru.

Heck, the average "reel" buyer never ever stress's the reel enough to ever put it to its max. either. The reason the average Joe, doesn't need a 12 pak of Accurates.
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Black Beard wrote:Stop bickering and post up some videos. I'm expecting 18" of snow here and I need some warm weather fishing vids. Don't care what brand camera.
Alaskans, I know 18" is a dusting to you but I'm a pussy.

Nope. 18" in the Anchorage area is a lot! I have seen 30"+ on occassion, but not many. Where we get kicked in the nuts is the 5 1/2 hours of daylight in December and the cumulative snowfall. Last season we received a record 200+ inches here at my house. :nutkick:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Jetty have you even tried a Gopro Hero 2 or a Gopro Hero 3 ???. The only reason I am responding, is your inaccurate portrayal of Gopro. Now your inaccuracies about my portrayal of http://www.eyeofmine.com/ I did say they we're a good company and one of the first to come out with a flat lens for clearer under water video. The online pricing of Gopro products on Eyeofmine is price regulated by Gopro. I could get the same product price Going up the street to Bestbuy or any super store such as Costco. What Eyeofmine excels at...... Is one of a kind peripherals of their own design for Gopro and other Action Cams. Mainly for the professionals who use Gopro for documentaries or Tv shows like Mythbusters. I am sure there are amateur individuals who are passionate enough to invest in their products too.

This is the current set up mode for the Gopro Hero 3 Black Edition. As simple as any DSLR camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVZFqWvFW74

The Internet is a powerful media.....Product bashing is in poor taste. I know of a few businesses that could enhance AAB with their wisdom and industry insight......... They fear being inaccurately portrayed...... being bashed and will not post up. They have given AAB hundreds of dollars of swag on the last West Coast Meet and Greet. Maybe Alaska2014 ??????

Yes I get agitated when trying to post a positive discussion on a Product I enjoy......... Only to have a individual post inaccurate outdated information.

Sorry for the rant Black Beard........ You are right we should not care which camera is being used as long as fishing video are being recorded and shared. Personally I do not care what camera Dave uses. I enjoy his videos.
Last edited by mojomizer on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mark, you hit the nail on the head about SPONSORS, most will not get on ABB because they don't want the BS of the bickering and bashing [ Problems they have had on other forums in the past] I don't mind the members here cutting up with each other BUT the rules are simple and on of the 3 rules is .... NO BASHING.

The boys at wooldridge have jumped in , now if I can get a few more to be active on the board. :beer:

P.S. I love my GoPro Hero 2 , I now have the BACK PACK on it and of course they send 4 new cases with it [ 2 Water proof and 2 skeleton ]
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Hey Welder! Go pound sand! Is that considered bashing? :nutkick: :beer:

Just playing big fella. :mrgreen:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Pounding sand is not bashing.
So, how does one pound it ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I've been told "go pound sand" by several members, so far. I won't embarrass them right now. But can always say I NEVER EVER insult someone personally................"Jus behind the fort that's all" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm of the school, that hot discussion is interesting discussion. As I said before, the Hooligan comes out in me, but never would I not have ya over for a cold beer and fish fry.

Is Pounding sand is better than no pounding :?:

I can understand the builders not coming here. :?:

Jus as I can't post reports on local fishing forums either. Too many experts out there, and too many jelous that I get paid to fish, but at the same time have NO; 401K, profit sharing, retirement plan, health care, steady income, paid vacations, conferences to go to in the winter time, bonus', sick days, ability to get the same job elsewhere, etc.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Black Beard wrote:Only joking about the bickering Mark. It doesn't bother me in the least. But I do love the video and pictures posted on this site. I now have a much better appreciation of the natural beauty of Alaska and Peezer's grouper photos keep me heading to the fish market for a fresh fish fix. :thumbsup:

Yeah RIGHT :soap: You just like the T&A, like I do. I could care less about them Gags. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic