Dock pilings for GA Convicts

Fishing, Fixing, boating and How-to Videos
dawgaholic

Dock pilings for GA Convicts

Post by dawgaholic »

A fun way to hone your ultralight skills as these rascals will get sideways on ya:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MJksD7Q ... e=youtu.be

Personally, I remove the red streak completely and give the succulent portions a hour or so soak in buttermilk. I also mine the head as behind the eyes is a thick boneless hung of pure goodness. Sheepies are a ready backup species we target if its tough for the others.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Re: Dock pilings for GA Convicts

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I fish for the mega large females in the spring when they're spawning in deep water off the structure, mostly.
Then when it comes to cleaning them, I can jus do 2-3 rather than a bunch.

Here's a 10+ I'm personally proud of, cause I caught it on a fairy wand of a rod and a 3.8ths oz. jig and & live shrimp in 32 feet of water.

Can ya believe the La. state record is twice this one at like 22 pounds :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Then there's this one.........

I was a bit """""over gunned"""""" with my G. Loomis "Backbounce rod" and B-197 Accurate twin drag reel

Back in the ole days, I used to do the slaughter fest, with clients. But as I get older the less I like cleaning "sheeps".
Today we'd keep a few and let the rest go. We caught these on jigs and fidlers and live shrimp.....casting versus dabbing.

This boy was proud, he caught two at 9.5#'s, back to back. Fresh Clam in March in deep water.....48 feet.
"SEVEN STRIPED JETTY SNAPPER"
dawgaholic

Re: Dock pilings for GA Convicts

Post by dawgaholic »

Those are monsters dude and on light tackle a ton of fun. Cleaning them is somewhat tedious but as you say, a couple of slabs like those is all ya need. :thumbsup:
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic