MY TRIP TO THE HOLY LAND......

Fishing, Fixing, boating and How-to Videos
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

MY TRIP TO THE HOLY LAND......

Post by JETTYWOLF »

The holy land:

For this Speckled Sea Trout fisherman!!! Actually on a vacation for the first time in many moons!

Me and pops had us a GREAT time, exploring and of course going to Marinas, Boat Ramps and bait shops. (my kinda places)

Been hunting that bag O' Money along side the streets of Jax, Fla. so I can complete my bucket list. (Move to La.)

Here's 4 - videos I did of my adventures.

#1 - "WHERE WE STAYED" - http://youtu.be/mv2CMChgG1A

#2 - "LBA" - Land based angler..."no hook-up with any boat owning angler." So I caught'em off the bank:
http://youtu.be/7vDA_RkO0f4

#3 - "Sight, Sounds, of a wild place. Bourbon St. New Orleans, La." - http://youtu.be/RRZtsIJ72Ak

#4 - "END OF THE WOLD" Walking Tour of Venice Marina and more...Florida perspective,W-O-W!
http://youtu.be/8sCHqN-4938
simplepeddler

Re: MY TRIP TO THE HOLY LAND......

Post by simplepeddler »

Glad you made it over Jetty!

I spent most weekends of the duck season at that Marina in Venice.
One old friend has a houseboat, another a place in Empire on the way down.
We have been hunting public land there for around 25 years or so.......

Limits of ducks and redfish on most trips there.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Very cool Dave! Those marina homes sure are cool. One of those with my boat right in front...all I would ever need in life. How much would they cost?
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Dave, the wind was so bad that there was no commentary from ya about the BBA Metalshark with the Quad Vrods. I saw the 'your tax dollars at work?' and laughed. That all steel barge home was something else with its own big diesel genset. And those Condos that occupied the top floors with the boats below, steel frame too?

Amenities like stores, eateries, pubs on the boardwalk or floating or both?
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Venice Marina is the end of the world FOR REAL , they have 1 bar/restaurant so if ya go and stay there ya better bring it with ya. It's a few miles back north to a mini market and about 20 miles back to a grocery store.
My boat has seen that boat ramp a few times :thumbsup: and it's a hour run to the Gulf at 4200 rpms in my ride.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Dawg,

Everything floating is privately owned. I asked and they just pay a rent to park it all.......

Simplepeddler,

DAMN, were you been hiding? Venice? I guess.

I thought it was kinda funny, that the newest, latest and greatest Marine "Cypress cove" had a big landfill right behind it, with seagulls (flying rats) sailing around with garbage in their mouths.

The place isn't a pretty sight, by no means. I'm still impressed the most by all the water in and around Lake Pontchartrain.
That area has JETTYWOLF written all over it. When all the bay boats with no free board can't fish on a breezy day......

The Jettywolf would bark at that water, and it's Captain would say......"Let's FISH!"
simplepeddler

Post by simplepeddler »

I lurk around Jetty!

We killed 448 birds down there this year....usually hunting 6 guys.
And reds to boot of course and after noon jigging around the marina produce some nice bass and few sacalait.

That place is just unbelievable.
Cypress cove has it's positive side too. Just not for the old school guys.

During a dark period in my life when I was having a pity party over a divorce, that placed saved me for sure.
I could make a trip down there boatless and get on a hull about 75% of the time. I knew a bunch of the guides from hanging out and taking customers on trips. People down there are rough, but damn good hearted, even for a out of towner like me.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Don't go there in Feb.

Every Marine, from Rigolets to Venice was DEAD. Not a soul around.

Which just showed me that the area is not any different than here in J-ville.

All that fishing and no one going....."aren't people back azzward?"

If I was in Bumfark, Minnisota freezing my azz off in Feb. with nothing to do but beat the wife and dawg from suffering cabin fever, I'd have my azz on a plane south to where the fishing is great and even greater in the winter months.

BUT NO..........

They wanna leave Bumfark when it's 89 and come south when it's 105 in the shade!

ALL BECAUSE of the chilldrenz. The world revolves around the chilldrenz and school.
That's why I've opted to "substain" and even not get a new dawg while continuing to be a child myself, till I'm DEAD!

Right On :thumbsup:
simplepeddler

Post by simplepeddler »

Most if not all locals are in the duck blind or deer stand.

most trout guides will also guide duck hunts in the hunting season
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Not a Truck seen hardly, at any boat ramp!
People there must have J-O-B's

Here? This town must be a welfare town, cause no one works. :rotfl:

So many people, I have to go fish a town 30 miles north because I hate fishing near cone-heads.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

simplepeddler wrote:Most if not all locals are in the duck blind or deer stand.

most trout guides will also guide duck hunts in the hunting season
Guess that's why it's called "Sportsman's Paradise " There is actually other stuff to kill and eat there besides fish.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

dawgaholic wrote:Dave, the wind was so bad that there was no commentary from ya about the BBA Metalshark with the Quad Vrods. I saw the 'your tax dollars at work?' and laughed. That all steel barge home was something else with its own big diesel genset. And those Condos that occupied the top floors with the boats below, steel frame too?

Amenities like stores, eateries, pubs on the boardwalk or floating or both?

Dawg,

I believe I almost wore my Kodak PlaySport Camera out!
For some reason, it kept squeeling? No sound, just a squeel. So I turned the sound off, during alot of those parts while editing.

I, on the other hand was squeeling like a 16 year old girl with a new pair of high heels! My dad, he's a touristy kinda guy and thought the Key's would be much nicer to have the same thing. But he doesn't realize, there's not 1/2 the fishing in the keys versus Venice. He just doesn't understand, "ITS ALL ABOUT THE FISH." Not the scenery!!!

I was amazed at the "cash flow" that's poured back in to Venice. B-U-T, not a soul around. Too busy out making all that cash flow to have a condo/dock there, I guess. As you can see, the place was a f'in ghost town :!: :!:

Yep, that Metal Shark was SOOOOOOOOOO, over kill for fish and game. Only because """"they"""" aren't the ones paying for it. Tax payers did.
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Gotcha, as one who isn't up to speed on those things, if it was squealing, thanks for cutting it out. :clap:

The numbers don't lie so how much you reckon it would take to put a boat on and make some $$$?
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

dawgaholic wrote:The numbers don't lie so how much you reckon it would take to put a boat on and make some $$$?

HUH? (under lined)
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

JETTYWOLF wrote:
dawgaholic wrote:The numbers don't lie so how much you reckon it would take to put a boat on and make some $$$?

HUH? (under lined)
Just thinking out loud.... :banghead:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic