GO NORTH, MEN......"really?"

Fishing, Fixing, boating and How-to Videos
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

GO NORTH, MEN......"really?"

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Headed up to Fernandina for a Birthday Road Trip on Valentines day, with my buddy Doc Miller. (fellow Trout fishing float-rig freak)

This is up where Capt Tom lives. THE ONLY FELLOW PACIFIC/BLM BOAT OWNER, AAB MEMBER I KNOW OF AND HAVE PERSONALLY MET... "WE ARE LONELY PEOPLE HERE IN THE SUNSHINE STATE."

I was a morning of trials and tribulations;

"Headed NORTH this morning. Met up with Doc Miller at the bait shop. Got what we hoped to be 10 dozen live shrimp, and headed over the ferry at the St. Johns in Mayport.

As we were in no man's land on A1A north, had a heater hose problem. Steam off the big Dodge Cummins everywhere. But easily fixed. Just needed WATER!!!!! Well, just so happens we we made it to where Kayak Amelia is. I found a ole gallon jug along side the road, and filled it up several times from their hose.

Back on the road after an hour.

We get to the boat ramp in Fernandina. We back the boat in the water and I hit the key. The Honda turns over but doesn't fire! W.T.H!!!!!!!!

"Oh, no. Not another problem?"

Well, after another hour!!!!!!!!

It's figured out that all the bouncing on this road trip loosened the "engine cut off" switch lanyard. So the engine wouldn't start. Once it was back and properly afixed. VVRROOMM...The Honda started and we were finally off.

"Really, who would think that bouncing down the road would loosen the safety cut off? Not me. But it sure did. Road trip lesson learned."

NO ONE AROUND, GREAT BOAT RAMP, WONDER FACILITY, I'VE ALWAYS LOVED FERNANDINA!

We came to slaughter T-R-O-U-T. That was the plan."

http://youtu.be/SH2XJRjVDO0
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Re: GO NORTH, MEN......"really?"

Post by goatram »

Should have stayed in bed Dave. Two issues first thing in the morning would have turned me around.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

There are worse things than playing sheriff at the Jetties. :clap:

Nice haul in those conditions, you have to be a fisherman to understand. :thumbsup:
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

WHERE'S CAPT TOM???????????

TOM, yer missing it in you're own "hood".

Goatram,
As I told my buddy Doc, the older I get and the longer I fish, I really don't get upset at the same crap I would have years ago.

Plus, the hose clamp NOT being on the heater hose under the hood of the truck was MY fault, from when we took all the emmisions off the Dodge. So no one to blame but ME.
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Plus, the hose clamp NOT being on the heater hose under the hood of the truck was MY fault, from when we took all the emmisions off the Dodge. So no one to blame but ME.
Heater hose??? In Jacksonville what you need a truck heater for? You don't even know what frost is :rotfl: .

:mrgreen:

Must be that time of Year....just performed my third road rescue in as many Weeks. Upper radiator hoses...gonna have a word with our Mechanic for not being more proactive as it appears two of them were nicked somehow, resulting in the failures. Part of it I guess.

No boomers in or out up there Dave? The Doc isn't a Dawg fan is he?
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Dave, looks like you gave Ol'Doc a GOOD day on the water not to mention some mode stripped snapper.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

dawgaholic wrote:
Heater hose??? In Jacksonville what you need a truck heater for? You don't even know what frost is :rotfl: .

:mrgreen:

Must be that time of Year....just performed my third road rescue in as many Weeks. Upper radiator hoses...gonna have a word with our Mechanic for not being more proactive as it appears two of them were nicked somehow, resulting in the failures. Part of it I guess.

No boomers in or out up there Dave? The Doc isn't a Dawg fan is he?

I used the defroster on thw windshield a few times and I guess with no clamp on the hose it kinda finally couldn't take the pressure....Friction pressure!

No one here is a "football" fan...we're "Tight Line" fans!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic