South Pacific Deep Drop Fishing...

Fishing, Fixing, boating and How-to Videos
Dau-Siwa

South Pacific Deep Drop Fishing...

Post by Dau-Siwa »

Howdy all...

My 30' Aluminum boat is getting close to being built. I have a bunch of pictures to put up but have not done it...Thought you might like to see the type of fishing I will be doing on this boat. This video shows a crew using hydraulic reels.We use electric. We fish depths from 150' to 1200' deep. Very little of this type of fishing goes on down here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... HVxT8n8Jlo#!
DMan

Re: South Pacific Deep Drop Fishing...

Post by DMan »

Those things are huge! Awesome!
Memory Maker - 10' X 29' Glaciercraft in Whittier Alaska - Making Memories one wave at a time!
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

Interesting! Is that a type of ROCKFISH? It must be deep as the balance bladders are extended. What is the commercial value of the fish/where sold and to who? Is it a form of jigging or a longline or a mix? How many hooks on a leader? What I don't see it how they are brought aboard because the leaders don't seem to be attached like on a longline. This is interesting to say ythe least? Is it a living or more to have more cash on hand?

Can't wait to see your boat in action! Do you need a deckhand...I need Ocean seatime for my MMC upgrade! Just a thought! Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Dau-Siwa

Post by Dau-Siwa »

pj9...These fish are in a separate family of fish called Trevally. They are caught in depths of 150 to 200 fathoms. We use a electric reel with 5 hooks and a sinker that weighs about 3 kilos. We are not a commercial operation.. Doing it privately on day trips right now. I just like this style of fishing catching fish that most people have never seen before... I will post up pictures of the boat soon.. Ronnie
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Post by Sabs28 »

Those are some MONSTERS. What do you do with the fish???? Eat them??, Sell them???
Fisherman

Post by Fisherman »

Dau-Siwa wrote:Howdy all...

My 30' Aluminum boat is getting close to being built. I have a bunch of pictures to put up but have not done it...Thought you might like to see the type of fishing I will be doing on this boat. This video shows a crew using hydraulic reels.We use electric. We fish depths from 150' to 1200' deep. Very little of this type of fishing goes on down here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... HVxT8n8Jlo#!
Hi Dau-Siwa, do you have any information on the electric reels you could share? I've been looking for information on such, and would be glad for your input. Thank you...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic