AMF Boats Inaugural Fishing & Diving Comp

Get-togethers and fun events
amfboats
Sponsor

AMF Boats Inaugural Fishing & Diving Comp

Post by amfboats »

Hi All

Sorry about the lack of posting recently, but we are smack in the middle of our season and it is going really well, so have been head down stern up working away. I do have some really cool projects on the go that i will share with you all soon.

This weekend just gone we held a fishing diving comp for AMF owners, it was held of New Plymouth on the west coast of the North Island of New Zealand. We had 14 boats and 48 anglers/divers. A lot of boat owner put in apologies for not making it and promise to be here next year. We had over $20k in prizes and everybody had a lot of fun. on the Friday they all went out and fished a 3-4mtr southerly swell and Saturday we had to call off as the weather forecast was worse than the day before.

Here is a link to the photo album covering the event and below are a few teaser pics.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amfboats/collections/

welder
Site Admin

Re: AMF Boats Inaugural Fishing & Diving Comp

Post by welder »

Holy Smokes Bevan, you SIR are now the number 1 picture poster here on AAB. :thumbsup:

It looks like one heck of a weekend and man I would LOVE to be there . That's proof y'all can put on one heck of a Get Together.
Well done, Very Well done ..... :skipper:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I LOVE POPEYE TOO....!

Just got done showing a friend your web site over at his house and showed him your boats, said, "now can ya tell these are all aluminum?" He said, "Oh they're aluminum?"

That's the thing about AMF's.....ya can't even tell. Bevan, don't mean that as a compliment to plastic boats, just that yours are so slick and mean!

Thanks for the photos.

Spinach rocks!
MY HERO
MY HERO
popeye.jpg (29.83 KiB) Viewed 13482 times
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

Cheers Guys, see you next year 18th 19th and 20th March, Plan A.... just buy a boat to fish in it and I will sell it on for you, or ship it out to United State of America. Plan B.....Because God Loves a Trier... I could try and get you a spot on an AMF to fish the weekend.

It was a fantastic get together, As our boats go all over the country, it was a fantastic opportunity to get together with our customers on social level. Everybody had a ton of fun!

Jetty Don't worry I understand a compliment, its always great when it isn't obvious what you are looking at. The areo style wheel house like on the boat "Reel Escape" are ultimate in disguise, people just cant believe that is an alloy wheel house.

I couldn't resist getting the guys to pose for the Popeye pic.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Bevan,
For your next get together be sure to post up HERE on AAB to let everyone know whats going on .

:highfive:
Lester,
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amfboats/c ... 667092014/

Hi Guys, on the 19th & 20th of march we held our second AMF Fishing and diving tournament, if anyone feels like wading through about 800 pics I covered the event to share. Plenty of alloy on the water!.....and fish on the weigh station.

We missed the warm water by a week, during the week leading up to the tournament we had really cold rough weather, but the weather smiled on us and we ran the tournament in great weather. So we had to sharks tagged and released, and one Marlin hook up, the rest are on show in the gallery above. We had 22 boats entered from all over the Country, fantastic people enjoying great times together. Our organizers set up a camp site for out of towner's and Team Ngawha cooked a Hangi (google Hangi) we ran a bus in and out each night. it gets a bit better each year looking forward to 2011.

I followed up the tournament with a couple of weeks annual leave having a catch up on chores around the house. Back at work now, the days are getting shorter and colder, we have had a brilliant summer but I guess it's now our firends in Northern Hemisphere turn to give summer a whirl.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

THANKS for the post/Link , WOW, that looks like it was a BLAST.

:beer:
Lester,
amfboats
Sponsor

Post by amfboats »

We ran our third annual fishing and diving competition this year. We got both days in but very rough weather, here are some albums to look through.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amfboats/c ... 328249694/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic