New Alloy's in Naragansett Bay ? 5/30/2009

Get-togethers and fun events
Occams Razor

New Alloy's in Naragansett Bay ? 5/30/2009

Post by Occams Razor »

Hello All !

Popped out this morning to see if I could take a couple more Bass before the Blues start going crazy. Too late , water temp

was 62 and the menhaden I worked like crazy to get in the morning ended up as appetisers. For the very first time I ran

into another gent with a Alloy Pacific at the ramp I use ! Tin Cup was down to dip his Pacific with his son I believe. It was

very nice to meet your sir. Then Later in the day I ran into another out by barrington beach trolling he was . Did not get to

exchange greetings just the Alloy wave. To top that off ,I ran into another in the Providence river. Was not a Pacific but it

was another sturdy alloy hull. Great to meet the people I was able to speak with.
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Re: New Alloy's in Naragansett Bay ? 5/30/2009

Post by Tin Cup »

Hey OR,

Nice seeing you this AM and NICE BOAT!!! You must have fished the North Bay from your water temps? I headed South for the first time this year, water was 58-60, no luck with bass but marked a lot of fish, I'm still trying to learn these waters. My son didn't last today so we weren't out very long... 'Daddy, can we go home now' ... :banghead:

You may have seen Clambo out there, he's in a V2325, I met him at the Haines ramp last fall. Seems that there's more alloy in Buzz Bay. See you around.

Eric
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

A good place to go for bass is the west wall. Its almost near the mouth, its all rock about 50 feet high. and has a jetty with a beach on the other side. Great for popper casting or butterfly jigging.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

I was at the bay entrance is BIG seas toggin :thumbsup: We had a lot of fish but all 1/2"-1"short.....all the fish fell to shrimp. Had crabs but not a single tog fell to them. Called it a day after 3 hrs of of catching and left with a hand full of nnice size sea bass

Narragansett was full of alloy :thumbsup:
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Can't believe you didn't get a schoolie striper at the mouth. The beaver tail is a great spot for them.
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

Hey Tin Cup, I was out there on Sat but I was in a friend's 23 Grady white he keeps at Brewers right around the corner in the area of the Middletown bridge. Trolled umbrella rigs along Prudence north end ,23 ft of water. Caught our limit by ten home by one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic